Chapter 18

"You have my dog, and-"

"Just go, I got them." Lucas said.

"Thanks." Clary said, smiling, pulling her head from the closing side window, and walking into the Japanese restaurant.

It was packed, some people were even waiting in seats near the entrance. Clary went to the reception booth, passing by Chris on one of the chairs, and asked for their table.

"Hollins?" She said to the man behind the stand.

"Clary!" Someone said. She turned back and saw Chris walking to her, wearing a plain white

"Hey." She said, smiling again. They hugged each other tight.

Pulling away, Chris said, smirking, "Shall we go on our date?" and held out his arm.

"Thought we already were." Clary Said, lacing her arm around Chris'.

•••••

Lucas held tight to Moira's leash. She was aiming for a toy bone a Great Dane was chewing on.

"Chill, Moira! Come on!" Lucas said, knowing full well speaking to her wouldn't do anything.

Not like JD. He had trained the dog for so long, so it wouldn't be surprising if they had become very close. Now that's one less dog to worry about.

"JD?" Lucas said. No response.

"JD?" He said again. Nothing again. Speaking of one less dog to worry about.

"Ugh, come on Moira, we gotta find him." He pulled on her leash and led her around the park.

"JD?" He shouted once again. "JD!"

He walked onto a flat land part of the park. At the left was a long piece of shrubbery that, come to think of it, looked kind of like an hedge. The rest was either flat grass or a pathway leading to the exit, opposite of the hedge

"JD!" He called. Just then, a Golden Retriever ran out the hedge, around the landscape, and went back through the hedge.

"What the..." Lucas said. He tugged at Moira's leash, now able to follow since the toy was out of sight. The hedge ended at a point, so Lucas walked to it and went to the other side.

"J-" He stopped talking. There were people petting his dog, sitting on the bench.

And it was none other than the super-couple, Hayley and Julian.

He just watched them ruffling his dog's fur as it jumped around.

Hayley noticed he was just standing there.

"Oh hey Lucas! JD here is just jumping around." She said.

"I see." He responded.

"So, walking the dogs again?" Julian said.

"Yeah. I'm babysitting Moira now."

"Oh, Clary's out?" Hayley asked.

"With Chris." Lucas said.

"The OTP keep it going, huh?"

"Yep. As usual."

JD jumped up Lucas, but suddenly jumped off, and was barking and growling.

"Wha..."

Gene was quickly walking past. She noticed that the three (er, four) were looking at her.

"Oh, fuck off Lucas. I'm late for a fucking date." She said, and started jogging to the exit.

"Of course, another date." Hayley said.