Chapter 12

"I'm sorry if I don't see you like that."

"It's fine. I'll find some other guy." She said, smiling.

"Yeah. I think you will. You're... you are... pretty likeable."

She couldn't help but chuckle.

"Thanks. I've lost interest in you too, not in a bad way, but... you know."

He looked at her, somehow thinking of what happened if things were different. They'd be...

"Lucas? Lucas."

"Sorry, what?"

"What now?" Hayley said.

Lucas was out of his thinking.

"I...We...should...go back now." He said.

"Okay."

They walked back to their classrooms to join their lessons once again.

"So, how'd it go?" Clary asked.

"He doesn't like me like that."

"Awwwwww. My ship!"

"Stop it okay?" Hayley said, sniffling. "It's not like that."

"Hey, come on. I'm sure he just needs time to think or whatever."

"Sure." Hayley said, her eyes gazing outside.

"What did he say?" Chris asked, breaking the silence, arriving at the scene.

"Chris, don't push her."

"No, Clary, it's fine. He just said he didn't feel the same way, and I said to him I lost that feeling about him too."

"So you did, eh?"

"Feels like I'm lying to myself. But I don't care."

"Okay."

"Then I said, I'd find someone else. He then said I was... pretty likeable."

"He did?" Chris said.

"Yeah. He did."

"Wow," muttered Clary. "He still cares about you."

"He'll care about everyone." She said, putting her arms on her desk, crossed, and laying her head sideways.

Clary felt sad for her. She wanted probably the right guy for her here in Glimmerdale, but he wasn't ready.

Chris noticed Clary had a darker right eye than before.

"Clar-"

Hayleigh saw Lucas outside the door. His left side was facing the door. He looked right, then left, and he saw the three inside the classroom. He motioned for them to go outside.

"Speaking of one of the right guys." Thought Clary.

"Well, our teacher isn't here yet." Chris said. They walked out the doors.

"Hey guys." Lucas greeted.

"What are we here for?" Chris asked.

"I know who took the picture."

"Who?" Hayley asked.

"I think it was Lee Smith, the head of photography club, and close friend of Marc Gerret."

The bell rang through the corridor.

"Later, break." Clary Said. "Hope you're right about this one, Cormer." She added.

•••••

They walked to the corner of the wall. They were at the left of the parking lot in front of the school.