Chapter 15

Everyone was taken aback. Why would she do it? She knew Lucas had been through a sad time and still had to adjust. She even said it herself, not to engage right after a breakup (or anything related).

Of course, Angelica needed this to work. "3 more days." She thought.

She let go from the kiss.

"What was that?" Lucas said.

"I just..." Angelica said.

"Jeez, you said it was just friends talking!"

"I... I'm so-"

"There's nothing to be sorry about, but... for fuck's sake! You don't do that!" Lucas stood, gave her a deadly look, and went to the food truck. He paid for the food and stormed off to his car.

Angelica was embarrassed. She thought she knew what she had to do. She just couldn't resist it.

She sighed and walked back to Lucas' car.

Hayley saw Angelica getting in Lucas' car.

"Finally, she's gone." Hayley thought.

"Woah, who were those guys?" Julian said.

"I don't know." Hayley lied. She tapped her phone screen secretly to text.

HL: Clary, did you see that?
CW: yeah. Wtf was she thinking?
HL: idk, but it's not in her to do that. I mean, she's clearly the drama girl.
CW: Idk either. Anyway, me and Chris were just about to go home now. See you tomorrow?
HL: Yeah. Keep your phone open later, okay?
CW: Yeah.

Clary locked her phone screen and put it in her pocket.

"We're leaving." Clary Said flatly.

"Okay then." Chris said. Chris paid the cook and they walked back to their neighborhood.

After a while, the couple were back on their street.

"Okay, well, see you tomorrow aga-"

Her phone started ringing.

"Oh, hold on." She took her phone out and answered the call.

"Clary?"

"Marina? What is it?"

"Did you see the news?" Marina Said worriedly.

"About what?"

"Check the link I sent you. I'm going there now."

"What do-"

Clary's call ended, and she immediately looked at her chat with Marina.

"I wonder what that was all about." Chris said.

"She sounded quite worr..."

She trailed off as they looked at the news link Marina sent them. It was a car that was pushed upside down by a truck. It had the same purplish-black color as Lucas'.