Chapter 21: Valentine's day Part 2

"Dammit to hell!" Lucas shouted.

"Tone down your ugly voice, Lucas. I'm sure she's gonna forgive and forget." Chris said.

Lucas scoffed. "Right. Like calling her weak isn't gonna make her hold a grudge.

"Well, to be honest, she, like some others, can't live well without you."

"What do you mean?" asked Lucas.

"I mean, you kinda save people from the lots of shit going their way."

"Like who?"

"Well, there's my girlfriend, even if it was after she got hurt..."

"Hey man, come on." Lucas defended.

"There's that awfully ineffective gunshot that would've hit Hayley, and then there's me... who you also helped after i was knocked out."

Lucas was about to protest as he opened his mouth.

"Thanks, by the way." Lucas didn't continue, and closed his mouth.

Instead, ha had changed the topic. "Speaking of girlfriends, how are you and Clary? I saw you guys eariler and-"

"Speaking of girlfriends..." Chris cuts, "how are you and Hayley?"

"Oh yeah. That." Lucas says.

Upon reminded of their relationship, he also remembered the recent blackmailing.

His eyes widened and he breathed out "Shit."

"What?" Chris asked. "What is it?"

"Uh... nothing!" Lucas immediately replied. "Just remembered to help Mom with something." Lucas said, and ran off to his house.

"Don't forget about Angelica!" Chris shouts.

"Goddammit man, wish you didn't have to remind me." Lucas thought, and reached his home eventually.

He opened the door to his house and runs in, the door closing behind him.

"Lucas? How are you?" his mother said. And upon seeing him, "Where's Angelica?"

"She's with Hayley, doing a project." Lucas answers, while getting up the stairs.

"Don't you have to go home with her?" His mother said.

"Mom, to be honest, she doesn't need my help all the time. She's been through all that those fiends have thrown at her and so she can defend herself."

His mother sighs. "Is Hayley bringing her home?"

"Hopefully. Unless she's staying there at-"

The door opens, and Angelica stands behind it.

"There you are." Lucas' mother says. "At least you're fine."

"Sorry Ms. Cormer." Angelica said. "I didn't go back here...

"because Lucas kinda upset me earlier."

"Aw shit woman!" he thought. "What the hell do you want from me?"

"Oh? Why? What did he do?" his mother said, and turned to him. "What did you do?" she said to him.

Lucas was silent as Angelica walked inside and closed the door.

"Well?" his mother said impatiently.

"I somewhat called her... dependent on me." He finally said.

"Why?"

"Because I didn't walk to school with her this morning. She left without telling me."