Chapter 21: Valentine's day part 1

Hella late... here you go

Lucas walks into school, passing boys and girls with bags of school books and valentine's gifts. He gets to his locker and opens it, revealing a heart-shape sitting at the bottom of his locker. Picking it up, he read what was inscribed onto the red paper.

"Though we are apart, you're gonna live forever in me" - HL.

The initials were written in a fancy style. Lucas smiled, and kept the note in one of his notebooks. An unused doodle notebook would do the trick. He got the books he needed for the next period, left his bag of last night's homework, and closed his locker shut.

Walking to his classroom, he passed by the many, same sights of the corridor. Bullies versus nerds, jocks and cheerleaders making out, and students reading books. Walking again into his vast classroom, where some were already there, he went and sat on the seat beside Lila.

"Hey." She said.

"Hi." Lucas said back as he fixed his things for the next period.

Afterwards, Mr. Corden had arrived as well, in a crowd of five to seven students chatting with him. As he went to the front of the class, the students went into their separate rows. In a few minutes class would start. Homeroom with their adviser Mr. Marcus Corden.

Then Lucas remembered his reflection homework. In his bag.

"Crap," he said quietly to Lila. "I need to get my homework in my locker."

"Well you better go and get it!" And with that, he left, running towards where he left his bag.

Each side corridor he passed was a sight to be seen, compared to the morning where lots of students were hanging.

Gay lovers, female teachers holding hands, a kid with a knife, waving it in front of another...

"Hey!" Lucas shouted. The armed man looked shocked, and turned to run away to the other end of the corridor of lockers.

"Th-thanks." The other kid said.

"Just stay close to teachers and other students like me." The kid nodded. Lucas continued walking to his locker. Upon arriving, he opened it and immediately took his bag out. He opened that, took out the paper, and repeat the process.

Since his locker was near the entrance of school, a mere 10 or so lockers away, he saw the blonde girl walk through the doors.

"Oh, it's the new kid." He thought as he looked at her. She had a nice face, her features bright and elegant. Contrasting her hair, she wore a black shirt that shaped her thin body. With that, she also had denim light-blue jeans that shaped her shorter-than-average legs.Her petite physique, although not entirely short in height, makes her shorter than Lucas' friends.

They shared a quick look until she passed by him, reminding Lucas to get going back to the classroom. He was debating whether to pass by her or not. Eventually, he thought that it was gonna be rude if he did, even if she knew where to go. He walked behind her, following her to the classroom, his reflection homework in hand.

Well, that's what he thought. She suddenly turned right.

"Hey." Lucas said. "Class is this way."

"Oh, really?" She said. "Sorry, I keep forgetting. You're in my class too, right?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Can you show me where to go?"

Obviously, he had no choice. "Sure." Lucas replied, and walked to his classroom, the new girl following behind him.