Chapter 17: Regular Weekends

"I... I love you!"

"But... but we can't! You can't! If our parents find out-"

"They won't. Run away with me. We'll leave this place, go somewhere else. Where we can be happy."

Clary was tearing up.

"I loved this part so much." She said. It was another Saturday night with Clary and Lucas at his house.

"Jeez, it's the same thing all the time. Run away with me. We'll go from this place."

"Still beautiful. Do you even remember the extremes they had to go through?" Clary took a handful of popcorn that was sitting on her lap and stuffed it in her mouth. "Dhey had to go thoo a maket to dee eash udder."

"Whatever. We should've watched Made of Honor. Now that plot was good.

"Oh my god, yeah. Remember when Tom outright said, I think I love Hannah?" She received a small chuckle from Lucas.

"And when Colin just punched him 'cause his mom said so?" That gave Clary a good laugh.

"Man, I miss it when it was just us. No relationships, no school, no psychopathic exes. Just movies."

"And games!" Said Clementine behind them, her natural high pitched voice echoing through the empty house. Lucas' parents had went on a business trip, along with their co-workers. Since everyone else's parents were still with them, and Clary was Lucas' neighbor, she and Clementine were at Lucas' house. "When are we playing Mario Kart?"

"After the movie." Clary Said.

"But it's taking sooooo long!" She whined once more.

"Wait a minute. Literally. We have, like, a minute of movie left." Lucas said calmly.

"Fine." She laid on the headrest of the sofa, her back bending to shape it, her head upside-down.

"Yeah, I miss the old days." Lucas said. "It was great when it was just us."

Clary blushed slightly. Back then, people had thought they were a couple, going to each other's houses. They were relentlessly shipped at school. It was somewhat embarrassing for the both of them.

That was back then. How things have changed.

The movie had just ended.

"Finally! Mario kart!" Clementine said.

"Yeah, yeah." Lucas said, crawling over to his gaming console. He connected a box that contained the data and programming for Mario Kart. Taking three controllers for his console, he gave two to Clary and Clementine, and keeping the other for himself.

•••••

They had been playing for an hour, and it was getting late already. It was 9:00 at night on a Saturday, and it was time for some people to sleep.

For Clementine, at least. She was fast asleep on her sister's lap.

Lucas and Clary were stuck watching another movie.

"Oh man, we have to sleep soon." Clary said, yawning silently. Lucas, on the other hand, almost woke up Clementine with his yawn.

"Yeah. I'm getting sleepy too. I'll carry Clem here."

"What? No, I can do it myself." Clary objected.

"Least I can do for going here."

"It's nothing. You can stay here."

"I insist."

Clary had just enough with their feud.

"Fine. Just don't drop her or anything." She said.