Chapter 23

I don't know if my revisions of some previous chapters are showing, (like my renaming of chapter 22), but I only remember adding and taking stuff away to make the book better. So if you guys don't see them then soz. Stuff isn't final so I hope you guys are willing to reread some chapters. I swear I did my best before and after publishing. (Also for those who don't know I added the name of the blonde girl). Anywho, enjoy!

"And I didn't get to prompose yet." Chris mentions, fixing his black tuxedo and white inside polo for the homecoming.

"Shut up. We have another one anyway." Clary, with a black floral one-piece dress, hair tied into a braid, replied, coming on a little bit harshly as she fixed her flats.

"Jeez Clar, I know we're going to scout out Gene, but just lighten up a bit."

She sighed heavily, but refused to speak.

"So we're playing the silent game. I got it."

She couldn't stop feeling this way. Her boyfriend had been up to something and she hadn't known.

Of course not after Riley mentioned to Clary privately about what he had done late Monday night.

The next day, he was so tired that he had slept in three periods. She had gotten him through the day, but he had gotten serious warnings about his sleep.

The rest of the week went by normally, sleeping early until the homecoming at Sunnyfield High.

Well, not for a lot of people. Especially Marc Gerret, when his scandal with Gene was posted on Riley's gossip site.

Since it posted last Monday, he had been hard to find in school. Some even thought that he had left home, or did not go to school anymore.

That weekend, someone would find him.

Clary and Chris's vehicle, a simple yellow cab, arrived at the school's separate covered courts, where the homecoming party was. People of different ages were filling up the courts, some with dates, some in groups, some by their lonesome.

Chris extended his elbow, which Clary wrapped her arms around.

"We'll meet her inside." She mentions to Chris.

They walk to the ticket booth silently. Upon arriving, the couple took out their tickets to enter the gymnasium. They were met by the ticket collector, a chubby woman with a blue blouse, who was sitting on a chair behind the white, foldable table. She greeted them, took their tickets, and let them in.

The court was massive for a high school gym. The bleachers were said to fill as much as 4,000 fans in the tri-state area. Players over the years shed sweat and tears struggling for a win for their team. The Sunnyfield Sun Rays had won many matches against other schools in the tri-state area, and members had been able to be drafted into the NBA. Tonight, players return to the court to relax and "come home" to their roots.

Students and alumni had also joined the party, mostly those that weren't in school. Students Clary and Chris' age that decided to join in were usually boys who wanted to meet their basketball idols, their girlfriends (if they had any), other girls that wanted to look for handsome men, and Marina, just recently single.

They met her by the fruit punch, drinking by herself.

The couple each hugged her tightly.

"Hey Marina," Clary said.

"Hey," She replied.

"How you holding up?" Chris asked.

"Well," she thinks, "it's gonna be hard getting over him."