Nine (short chapter)

Recap

"Dan, tell me."
"Okay."
He took a deep breath in.
"I think I like Paige."
I almost caused a car accident.

Now

Still Jonah's POV

"WHAT?!"

He just sat there in silence. Not making eye contact.

"Dani, look at me."

His eyes shifted the slightest bit up to me.

"If that's all I'm gonna get I'll take it. Now, what do you mean, you think you like Paige."

"Not just like, almost love? I don't know. Just keep driving."

"No Dani. I'm not going to keep driving until you explain."

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell Zach."

"Girl Scout promise."

"Dude! Your not a girl! Or a scout at that!"

"Don't change the subject!"

"Okay, okay," he said raising his hands like he was surrendering.

"Paige was my internet friend. We never saw each others faces, we just vented about our problems to each other. Well more me venting to her. It was a complicated relationship. We only knew each other's names and she didn't know I was in a band. She said that this was the only social media platform she was in and because of me it is half of the reason she is keeping herself alive. She told me all about her best friend and not seeing him anymore. She never said any names but I not 100% that this is the Paige I would talk to. After a while though, we did slowly stop talking but that made me want to talk to her more. I wanted to meet her and talk to her face to face, but that never happened until now. And I've barely said a word to her, except in my mind."

After he finished he took a deep breath in and let it out and finally looked me square in the eye.
"Jonah. I want to talk to her but I can't. Especially with the fact that her and Zach obviously have feelings for each other."
I wanted to say something to him but couldn't. I would open my mouth but instantly close it when no words would come out. Eventually I just decided to start driving again. When I finally found words I said stupidly
"Oh ok."
He responded with a sigh.