Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Gumball's POV

Tragic Backstory Time-

Marshall Lee's mom just up & left him & his dad when he was a baby. But Marshall's dad didn't mind raising him on his own. From what Marshall remembers, his dad was an awesome musician who spent as much time as possible with Marshall, so that he never felt like he missed out on never having a mother.

When Marshall was 5, his dad was diagnosed with skin cancer. His dad fought for 5 years until he died, but he found Marshall Lee a person that would take care of him.

Simone Petrikov worked at a museum & occasionally taught history or science as a substitute teacher for local colleges. When Marshall Lee's dad died, Simone made Marshall a weird looking stuffed animal that he dubbed 'Hambo' that he still has to this day.

Simone Petrikov was the sweetest woman in the world. She took parenting classes, learned to cook, & always made time to have fun with & dote on Marshall Lee.

First time I met her, I had just gotten beat up at the play ground by some guys for defending Lord M. & had gotten an extra beat down for the color of my hair & how weak I am because of my sucky lungs.

If Marshall Lee hadn't jumped from the top of the jungle gym, kicked one kid in the chest in doing so, gave the other a black eye, & the last one a bloody/possibly broken nose, then I probably would have had more than just a bruised cheek, a couple of scraps, & several more bruises.

I was in the middle of an asthma attack when Lord M. & Marshall Lee carried me to Simone's house for first aid.

Simone dug my inhaler out of my backpack & gave my lungs the medicine it needed.

After all of that craziness was settled, Marshall Lee & Simone became fast friends with us & our parents.

Even though we were all friends, we all got into pretty regular fights with each other.

But, we all got along. Actually, we all balanced each other out.

It wasn't until we were 13 when we started having actual trouble. It started out small. Simone became forgetful of small things. Such as: where her keys were, not going to certain school functions, & leaving lights on.

Marshall Lee & I had just started dating, but no one except Lord M. knew.

I was always being picked on anyway for being a nerdy guy that liked baking & the color pink. If people found out that I was gay on top of all of that & dating the coolest guy at our school, then I would probably be an outcast for the rest of my life.

I'm a wuss. I know that, but bravery comes at a price. What Marshall Lee & I did together was mostly innocent stuff like holding hands & talking to each other in person or on the phone for long periods of time.