Chapter 12:

Chapter 12:

Marshall Lee's POV-

It's Wednesday, so it has been a whole week since a whole lot of students were blackmailed into joining Drama Club. I'm getting really tired of seeing Gumball act like someone he isn't when he is at school. He loves bright pinks & purples, but the closest that he has ever gotten to that is a sky blue hoodie. Plus, he says he isn't, but he is totally trying to avoid me as much as possible.

The only time Gumball let's up on his whole facade is when we are at Drama Club. There are only a few of us left that haven't made up a song on the spot. It's not like we can write one before the club meetings because LSP has made it a point to draw random names & numbers so we have no choice but to sing in a group or with a partner.

"All right you guys!", LSP yelled trying to get everyone's attention, "The next group is going to be....", he drawled on while reaching inside Hat#1, "A group of 4! And the people are going to be...",

'Oh gosh. Hurry up!', I think to myself while groaning internally.

That LSP guy then proceeded to take 4 slips of paper out dramatically before announcing with flare, "Marshall Lee, Fionna, Cake, aaaaaaannnd GUMBALL!"

"Of course.", Gumball said while rolling his eyes.

"Hey! At least I had the decency to say that in head!", I glared at him offended, then I sighed, & said, "Just keep it cool. Got that princess?", I said teasingly.

"Hmph.", Gumball said with a pout before he pulled out a weird electronic circuit board looking thing & started making video game noises with it.

"Let's see if you chumps can keep up with my raw talent!", Cake challenged as she pulled out a viola & played a few notes.

We all went to the front of the room after I got my bass guitar out & we officially began when Fionna started beat-boxing like a beast & then Cake and Gumball followed soon after.

Then, I just started singing...............

*******************************************************

Third Person's POV- 

Marshall Lee: La da da da... I'm gonna bury you in the ground. La da da da daa....I'm gonna bury you with my sound. I'm gonna drink the red from your pretty pink face. I'm gonna....

Gumball: Marshall Lee! That's too distasteful!

Cake & Fionna stopped playing as everybody watched the exchange.

Marshall Lee:

Oh? You don't like that? Or do you just not like ME!

(He said completely fed up with Gumball.)

Sorry I don't treat you like a GOD! Is that what you want me to do? Sorry I don't treat you like you're PERFECT like all your little royal subjects do...(Sang with a sarcastic sneer.)

I'm sorry I'm not made of sugar. Am I not sweet enough for you? Is that why you always avoid me? I must be SUCH an inconvenience to you!

Well....I'm just YOUR problem! I'm just your problem....

It's like I'm NOT even a person. Am I? I'm just your problem....

Well I-I-I, SHOULDN'T have to justify what I do!

And I-I-I, SHOULDN'T have to prove anything to YOU!

I'm sorry that I exist. I forget what landed me on your black list....

But I-I-I, SHOULDN'T have to be the ONE that makes up with YOU! So....

WHY do I WANT too!? WHY do I waaant too?

(Having ran out of words to sing, Marshall Lee just stopped strumming & started to look really flustered & frustrated with the whole situation. It didn't help that everyone was staring at him in awe. Everyone but Gumball that is. Gumball strolled right up to Marshall Lee with his electric circuit board instrument and started playing the same tune that Marshall Lee just stopped playing & began singing.)

Gumball:

Are you done yet? BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF FEELING GUILTY FOR THIS!

Is that what people really think about me?

That I'm a God above all of YOU?!

I've never claimed that all I am is perfect! That could not be further from the truth!

Sorry, if I seem malicious. But, I can sympathise with you.....

I know that it hurts when your lonely..., but I CAN'T take that burden from you!

So..., you're NOT my problem! You're YOUR own problem....

(Marshall Lee grew irritated by hearing this, so he cut Gumball off by singing again.)

Marshall Lee:

I guess that's WHY I want to bury you in the GROUND!

Gumball:

Because I CARE!

And that's WHY you want to BURY me with YOUR sound!

Both of them:

I'm sorry that it's this way, but I don't know what else to say....

Marshall Lee:

Cause I-I-I, didn't mean to push all my friends away....

Both of them:

Cause I-I-I am just your problem........................

**************************************************************************************************

Third Person's POV-

Everyone just stared at the two boys who were looking intensely & longingly at each other before the whole Drama Club broke into a tremendous applause.

"OH. MY. GLOB. YOU GUYS ARE SO FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!", LSP yelled ethusiastically, "I wasn't going to say anything until after the whole ad-libbing thing was over, but for the past few days I've been secretly auditioning all of you based on the natural talent that all of you show! But after watching THAT performance, I have DECIDED!!!", announced LSP.

"The two main & opposing characters are going to be GUMBALL & MARSHALL LEE!!!!", announced LSP while everyone applauded for them some more. Gumball on the other hand just looked sick to his stomach.