Untitled

There are a million reasons my broken heart aches and my tentative smile turns sad                                       My friends are surprised to see a smile break my solemn expression.                                                   Some days I feel the weight of the world on my fragile shoulders and I think "this is wrong"                    Strangers, family, friends, co-workers, bosses all tell me what I should be doing, what I should be saying, what I should be thinking and what I should be feeling.

What happened to me? How long ago did I lose myself to others? How didn't I see it happening? Who have I become?

 And the universal question of :Who am I?

I look in the mirror to see my reflection and wonder" who is this sad, quiet person?" This isn't who I want to be but I can't see myself changing either. All the thoughts in  my head have been borrowed from books, movies, family. If I'm not myself then who am I? If the person in the mirror is me then shouldn't I have a say in my life?

The ones in control of my life mean well, I know they do, but I can't breathe through all of it. The world settles on me with so many heavy expectations. I am human and thus I am not perfect but still I am expected to be so.

I was born flesh and blood but piece by piece I have been torn apart and put back together into stone and metal. Stronger, better, perfect. Except that I'm not perfect. My soul is still human. My heart of flesh is broken and it cannot be mended.

A/N 

hey y'all. I'm sorry this one is different from the rest of my poems. It's more rambling and isn't titled and it doesn't rhyme. It's just the things that keep me up at night. Feel free to comment if you liked this one or not. Thanks!