Chapter 6: A New Journey

"By order of the King! The city must empty, leave everything that can be left behind. We leave by noon!" A guard called through the grass streets of the city.

I stood on the stone porch that overlooked the city and gave a view of the beautiful valley the city was nestled in.

A cool breeze swept through the valley and my brilliant blonde hair waved in the breeze.

A cough from behind awakened me from my daydream, Eowyn was standing close and smiling weakly.

"I always loved this view." She said softly and walked up beside me, her long, wavy, golden locks flowing around her face.

I breathed in the fresh air and nodded as I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You're an elf!" Eowyn gasped, staring at my ear in awe. I chuckled at her surprise.

"I am." I bowed my head slightly.

"I'm sorry ma'am." Eowyn bowed deeply.

I shook my head, "No need for that," I laughed as my gaze caught Aragorn who was walking into the stables.

"That man, who is he?" Eowyn was staring at the stables.

"Aragorn, son of Arathorn." I announced and turned on my heel and began walking down the stairs towards the stables, Eowyn followed closely.

"The rest you can ask him." I said quickly as we entered the stables, Aragorn was calming a brown horse, speaking elvish as he patted the nose of the majestic creature.

"I did not expect the way of the elves from a ranger." Eowyn walked over to him, watching the horse carefully.

"I stayed with them, for a time..." Aragorn's voice trailed off as he stroked the mane of the horse.

"His name is Brego, he was my cousin's horse." Eowyn said sadly, puffing out air.

Aragorn nodded and smiled at the horse, whispering something.

Gandalf walked past me, he seemed to be in a hurry. Aragorn and I quickly followed him down the hallway and into the stall that Shadowfax was being held in.

"What's your plan?" I asked as we stopped outside the stall, Gandalf hopped onto Shadowfax and sighed deeply.

"I am going to find Eomer." He said quickly, "Look for my coming at dawn on the seventh day."Gandalf said, Aragorn nodded and we both moved away as Gandalf stirred Shadowfax and galloped out briskly and across the plains on a separate mission.

Gandalf knew we had no chance without the Rohirrum and Theoden needed them, he just wouldn't admit it.

I walked back out of the stables, smiling warmly as I passed Eowyn. Eowyn was strong in both mind and body, she wouldn't let this world succumb to evil while she breathed and I respected that.

The people began loading carriages full of food and belongings, only to be scolded by the guards for bringing too much with them.

Legolas was standing in front of the great hall watching the commotion, his arms were crossed over his chest and he had a stern look.

"We need to be moving." I said in our native tongue, Legolas nodded slowly as he watched a woman herd her children up.

"They are not fighting material. What will they do when Saruman's forces corner them in Helm's Deep." Legolas looked over at my coldly.

I shook my head as I watched the people more closely, they were either too old or too young. Legolas was right, they would be decimated.

"Get ready to leave!" A guard bellowed as he trotted down the stairs with the rest of the guard close behind.

There was a great hurry to get everything and suddenly set out of the city.

I grabbed my pack and threw it onto my horse, I shook my head as the elderly hobbled out of the gates with Theoden at the end.

I hopped onto my horse and galloped out of the wooden gates and caught up with Aragorn and the others who were near Theoden and Eowyn was close by as well.

The journey to Helm's Deep begins.