chapter 9

Jason's POV

Seeing my sister emotionally hurt killed me. Reading and hearing the messages from Jake broke my heart. If it wasn't for Jake speeding to my house we would of lost the one thing I look forward to everyday my baby sister. Seeing my mom crying and not being able to help her hurts. Waiting for Brooke to wake up is killing me. The note I read from Brooke broke my heart and made me so angry I wanted to rip everyone's head off starting with Heather.

Dear Jason,
I'm sorry that it's come to this I love you with all my heart. I know that your going to be okay because people were right I don't need to be here I should just end it all don't punish Jake it wasn't his fault. And you need to be there for mom and Emily their going to need you. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough I just couldn't handle it. I love you bugz bunny forever and always. Your the best big brother I can ever have💖
~ love blue bug💓

Her words are still swimming inside of my head. She couldn't have been more wrong. The sh*t people were saying about her wasn't true. She was like the sunlight on a cloudy day. The only real thing that kept our family together with it without our father. She was like the glue. We did everything together she was like the Dora to my Diego. My partner in crime. When we were younger she used to help me get out of trouble. When she had nightmares I would be by her side even after she fell asleep. Losing Brooke would not only kill me and my mother it would distroy what ever light we had left in our lives. After Jake confessed his love for my sister I didn't hate him I didn't feel no type of resent ment because my sister has basically been in love with him since she met him in the eighth grade. The only reason why he never said anything was because of me. I had to protect her but I prayed and promised god if she makes it I'll still protect her, but I'll also be happy for her and allow her to get to be with Jake. Clearing of the throat brought me out of my thoughts.

" Look man I'm sorry for all that sh*t in the past. Me and the guys are willing to push this stupid rivalry behind us. It's kid sh*t if your willing to move forward?" Jake spoke in a soft manner. I didn't blame him because we were all really worried. But then Brooke's words ran through my head again.

"We're good man. Just treat my sister like a princess and we won't have no problems." I said shaking his hand. After that we went into Brooke's room and just waited to see if she wakes up.