James's POV: Packing For Tour

*James’s POV*

               It’s been a few weeks since the incident, and while the boys haven’t necessarily forgotten that I beat the shit out of Mike they aren’t being assholes and constantly reminding me. I’m so thankful that they aren’t being that way, it’s bad enough knowing what I did and having myself constantly reminded by my guilty conscience.

               Right now I am standing in my room, making sure that I have everything in the open suitcase that is sitting on my bed, ready for our upcoming tour. The Summer Break Tour is going to be amazing, but all of us will be a little distracted.

               We aren’t leaving until next week, but we are drilling rehearsals in left and right for hours on end so I wanted to make sure that everything I wanted to take was already packed and ready to go. I took one last glance around my room, at the open drawers and closest, and decided I was ready. I walked over to my bed and zipped up the suit case, and then placed it by the door, leaning against the wall.

               I went back to lay on my bed, and turned on my TV. I didn’t know what was on, I wasn’t really paying attention. My phone buzzed. I looked down at it to see there was a text from Peta. Peta Murgatroyd and I had met recently and exchanged numbers. We haven’t been out on a date yet, but I was thinking about asking her to meet me for dinner sometime this week after one of my rehearsals.

               I smiled and texted her back. She seemed really cool; talking to her distracted me from my thoughts. I love and miss my baby but I have to stop thinking about her, and I don’t need to be stressing about the tour, and I need to forget about almost killing someone. Peta can make all that melt away with one text and I don’t even know her that well yet.