Chapter 8

Hey guys sorry for the wait but this chapter is the biggie so be prepared..

27th august 2020

The phone rang and rang and rang, I prayed it wouldn't go to answer phone. Alfie was out so this was the only time to do it.

"Hello," said the familiar ladies voice.

"Hi it's grace miller and I want to know where my daughter is, it has been twelve years just come on I want to see my baby," I hurried.

"Ah miss miller, we were expecting a ring from you and good news we have tracked her down, she is not far from Brighton," she exclaimed. My heart skipped a beat my baby girl would be mine soon again.

"So..." I questioned.

"Her last name is currently deyes I think that says and her adoptive parents address is 39 tree close Brighton South." She chirped.

" oh thanks I stammered and slammed the phone down.

I paced around the house. My daughter was Alfie's adopted sister. How could I tell him and her. His parents must have known all along. My daughter had been living by my side for 6 years and I didn't even know it. Shit shit shit shit! SHIT! How could I have been so stupid. Their names and birthdays were the same. That time when I saw Steve's eyes in hers. HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID!

The lady said the adoptive parents would hand her over next month. Me and alfie are getting married in two days. He doesn't even know who I am. I trudged upstairs and stuffed my face under the pillow and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to alfie next to me and my head was on his lap. Crap! Today is our last day together before the wedding and I have spent a good two hours crying for it.

"I know the feeling boo, Amy is going in a month," he said remorse fully.

He pulled me in for a hug and rested my head on his shoulder.

But Amy isn't going, I thought, if anything she is going to be closer to you than ever infact...

29th August 2020

My ivory dress is flowing in the summer breeze outside the church of Brighton, I am about to get married to a man that hardly knows me, hardly knows my past, hardly knows my name. My veil just comes down past my neck and my silky, brunette hair is delicately placed into a bun with white roses scattered around it. I glance behind me at my line of bridesmaids. Louise, Zoe, Lucy and Amy. Her eyes are full of content exited about what's going to happen. It's painful watching her be so happy and not knowing her real mum was standing 6 foot away from her.Zoe stands beside me and clasps my hand. She is the only one that knows the real me, about my scars, inside and out. The classic fanfare of the wedding chorus plays out through the church organ. She looks into my eyes and says," Ready?"

"As always," I reply.

We step through the gigantic wooden doors and everyone turns around including him, the man I fell in love with just over 6 years ago...