Chapter 25

ALFIES POV

I looked in the mirror as I straightened up my black tie.

I then noticed the hideous scars covering my arms. I thought I was good as gone.

Turns out I was just saved. Matt had ran to get a doctor. If they had been a second later I would have gone.

I rolled and buttoned up the cuffs of my white shirt, I stared at myself then at grace.

What the hell had we become.

They say there is a matter if days before she is gone but I insisted that she came with me to Lucy and joes wedding.

She was fast asleep in her chair so I decided not to disturb her so I silently rolled her out of the room into the elavator.

When we eventually reached the church we were directed to two seats at the front.

Grace POV

I really didn't want to tell alfie but I knew I had to, I guess I'd just wait until after the wedding, when he is a bit softer. He seems so happy right now, I don't want to ruin his moment.

ALFIES POV

The church organs rang out their tune and I stood up along with the rest of the congregation.

Zoe had fallen back asleep, she looked so peaceful.

Graces POV

I slowly felt my lungs to close up. Oh crap, he will never know.

My eyes drifted shut and I was lulled into a false sense of security.

I felt my brain tick back to the beginning of my life, it playing before my eyes.

Daddy," I whispered.

I noticed a blood stained note sticking out of his pocket.

Gracie,

I know you won't like this but I am gone. It's not like when I am in Afghanistan for 9months, this is for forever. I promise you, wherever I am, I will be peacefull. I will always love you. Like I will always love your mum. Please tell her that. Forever and a day Gracie pie,

Dad x

I sobbed. As my tears splashed onto the blood stained carpet I tucked the not inside my shirt. I crawled up inside his open arm. Like I was meant to be there. I screamed no as I sat crying on the floor wishing it was all a dream.

Soon enough the police came as the neighbours must have heard the commotion. My mum scurried in her poshest suit. She walked over to me and picked me up. I could feel her warm tears on my neck. I remembered that this was the suit that cost her loads but she didn't seem to care that it was stained withher ex husbands blood.

He loved you mum," I whimpered.

I know Gracie. I know," she replied.

I lay on the bed crying and letting blood spill out of the cuts until I heard a bashing at the door.

"It's the police let us in!" Boomed several voices.

"Gracie it's mum now listen to me I only have a minute you are going to be taken awAy and they are going to care for you, don't be mad but I have depression that is why I have been away for so long. Just take care." Cried my mum.

I tried to blank her out as she sat by my hospital bed, my eyes started to well up. I held the tears back and stayed staring at the ceiling. A man came and dragged my mum away and I was left to have some peace...