Chapter 19

A.n

Sorry for the short chapter, I couldn't write too much without giving the rest of the story and if I carried on it would go on forever.

X

ALFIES POV

I opened my eyes to see My mum, Zoe and joe sat at my side. It would seem that I am in a hospital bed. I tried to sit up. Ouch my head. I couldn't remember why I was here.

"Oh alfie," said my mum.

"I'm gonna get that bastard," threatened joe.

"What happened," I questioned.

"Well," Zoe started.

"You ran into graces step father in the pub and he was demanding you to tell her where she was. You walked off and he clonked you round the noggin," joe finished.

My mum was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Grace, the baby, I need to get back to them," I said.

I attempted to get up but I couldn't. My whole body was numb.

"Lou is with Grace, you need to rest, you have had a serious injury to the head." Zoe explained.

"I don't care," I snapped.

"Alfie you listen to me, you are staying in this bed until you are better and that is final!" My mum snapped back with the voice that she used when I was a child and I had done something wrong.

That's when I saw the wheelchair next to my bed. They must have seen me looking at it.

"He damaged a part of your brain where you learnt how to walk and use all of your muscles but they are going to fix it tomorrow in a major surgery," joe said.

They all started to talk at me but I couldn't be arsed to reply so I just shut my eyes and went to sleep.

.

.

.

When I opened my eyes I was back next to Grace in the private room. She was asleep. Louise was well and truly knocked out in the chair. And Kirsty was fast asleep in her cot.

I was awoken by Doctor Smith coming into the room to do a checkup on her. At first he seemed jolly but then his face turned a Grey colour.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"N n n n n nothing," he replied .

He ran straight out the doors .

DOCTOR SMITHS POV

The results of her checkup were bad. It could only mean one thing her expectancy of living had gone down.

I ran to the nearest doctors and they read through the results and they gave me the same look.

That was it.

How did we tell him.

Uhhh.

This is bad.

Grace deyes has 14 days to live.