Ch.4

Joeys POV

"Everything?" Daniel asks me, stopping at a red light and looks at me. "I guess I'm just overly tired. I get a little cranky when I'm tired..." I say back, not completely lying.

I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of crying. Tired of being depressed. Tired of getting bullied. Tired of having no friends. Tired of acting fake. Tired of life.

"You sure?" He asks me, starting to drive away from the stop light. "Yeah" I mumble and sit straight up, removing my hood and just placing my head on the window.

After about five minutes of driving he parks in front of my house, turning off his car engine. "I'm walking you up to your door step" Daniel tells me as he unbuckles his seat belt.

"Why do you care all of a sudden? You literally were beating the shit out of me maybe a week ago and now you care about my well being? Did karma bite you in the ass and you need an essay written or something?" I snap at him looking directly at him.

"No I'm trying to change my ways Joey I'm sorry for all of that." He mumbles and looks at the seat.

"You have been bullying me since I was twelve... sorry isn't enough, I'll see you Saturday." I say, opening the car door.

"Wait can I still walk you up" He asks, getting out of the car with me. "Fine" I say, waiting for him.

"I want you to come to my football game tomorrow..." Daniel says and places his hands on his pockets. "Why is that?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I want to talk to you after..." he says to me, walking me up my porch stairs. "If this is some lame attempt of getting in my pants it isn't working" I say, stopping at my door and he just looks at his feet.

"Joey, I'm not gay" he says looking back up at me. "Okay fine, I'll go but you have to convince Andrew to go with me" I say, unlocking the door with the house key.

"He is already going, see you tomorrow Joey... night" he says, opening his arms for a hug. I give him a little hug before opening the door, walking inside.

I turn on the light and basically fall over when Andrew is standing in front of me.

"Why and the fuck were you hanging out with Daniel?" He snaps at me, not letting me walk past him.

"He just drove me home from the park clam down" I say, taking off my hoodie and throw it on the side table. "Did he do anything to you?" Andrew asks, looking at my neck. He lifts up my shirt and examines my chest and torso area.

"What the fuck Andrew?" I yell at him and push him off of me. I pull down my shirt and push past him.

"I'm going to his football game and he said that you're coming." I say as I start walking up the stairs. "Haha I am now" Andrew says and walks into the kitchen.

- - -

I walk into the school and immediately get tripped by someone. I drop my backpack and catch myself on a trash can.

"Walk much?" A light skinned boy asks me, eyes bright blue and cornrows in his hair. I don't answer him and pick up my book bag.

"I asked you a question" He snares at me and starts walking behind me. I roll my eyes and start walking to my first period class.

I get slammed into some lockers and he holds me up by my shirt. "Okay little girl, I expect an answer when I ask a question!" He yells in my face, looking me up and down.

I look at him emotionless, hoping me actually hits me. I look down at my dangling feet and how easy it was to pick me up.

I blink slowly and make eye contact with him. He pulls his fist back to punch me but instead I feel him get ripped off of me. I fall to the floor, sliding down the lockers.