Ch.12

Joeys POV

His hands run down my chest and squeezes my thighs. The feeling of his warm, minty breath against my neck, whispering something to me.

I just tilt my head back and grip onto the older, taller boys hair. His hands doing his magic on my thighs, inching closer to my panties.

My breath hitches as he presses his lips into my neck, strangely I don't feel anything. He pulls his lips from my neck and just looks down at me. The blankets covering us dangling over his shoulders as he looks over me. "You hurt me" Daniel finally whispers, going limp after.

I shoot up in my bed to my brother shaking me awake. It startles him so he jumps back, laughing after. "Hey Daniel is awake" Andrew says, standing up after.

I look around to see that I'm also in the hospital, seeing the IV in my arm and a bandage around me other arm.

"Why am I here?" I ask, scratching my head and looking at him. "After you took Daniel to the hospital you got into an accident, it wasn't too bad but you fucked up your arm there buddy" he answers, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms.

"Is my bike okay" I ask, standing up from the bed and taking the IV out of my arm. "It's scratched up but it should be okay, it's in the parking lot put it in the back of my truck." He says in response.

"I'm going to see Daniel, what's his room" I ask him, pulling my skinny jeans up under my gown and untie the hospital gown. "Room twenty two, you don't have a shirt anymore... it got torn apart in the accident." He says, throwing me my leather jacket. Surprisingly it's okay, even though I wasn't even wearing it when I wrecked.

"How did I wreck?" I ask before sliding on my sneakers. "One of Daniels friends drove you off of the road and you lost control-" I cut him off, "who?"

"Johnny I think?" He says, walking out of the room so I followed. He leads me to the room across from mine, I didn't notice his room was next to mine.

I walk inside to see Daniel on his phone, biting his lip before setting it down. "Joey! You're okay!" He says, excitedly.

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'm okay! I fucking smashed a bottle over your head!" I respond, pulling the chair from the corner of the room next to his bed.

"I don't even remember what I said" Daniel says, running the little bit of facial hair he had. "You don't want to know what you said or did" I say, shaking my head after, chuckling after.

"You fucked my younger brother for fun even though you knew he didn't want it, embarrassed him and me, and then got hurt" Andrew says angrily before storming out.

"I did?" Daniel says, his eyes widening and jaw dropping. "Don't act stupid you know what you said Daniel" I say, crossing my arms.

"Joey I promise you I-" I cut him off before he can finish his sentence, "I don't want to hear it Daniel" I say, standing up harshly.

"I was woken up at three in the morning by your brother saying that you weren't moving, I drove my motorcycle over to your house half asleep, I had to fucking tie you to the back of my bike, brought you here, and then wrecked. I'm so mad at you I can't function. Sometimes keeping your fucking mouth shut is the better option, see you at school tomorrow" I snap, picking up my belongings and storming out of the room.

"Joey!" Daniel yells "please come back!" He says a little weaker, his voice dropping. I turn back for a little but I shake my head, walking backwards before turning around. I take a deep breath and check out, shaking the whole time.

- - -

I bite the tip of my lead pencil, writing down somethings for the group work. Michael hasn't been doing the work, he even said he isn't doing anything. Daniel and I haven't been working on this at all and it's due in a week.

It's about half way done and I've done literally all of it. Which I'm fine with if someone is busy but he is just smoking weed, partying, and drinking.

I finish about three more pages before I close the laptop, my phone ringing.

"Hellllooo" I say into the phone, writing all of our names on the papers. "Have you seen Daniel? He left the hospital about an hour ago I haven't seen him since" Elijah says into the phone, I can tell he is fiddling with something.

"I know where he is" I say before hanging up my phone, sliding it into my pocket. I jump off of my bed and run down the stairs, jumping down five stairs.

I run out of the house in the pouring rain, not even bothering to grab a hoodie. I jump over Andrews car and run straight into the woods.

I take the trail which is covered in mud by this point, it splashes on me, around me, dirtying my jeans and shoes.

My arms move beside me as I run up the slippery hill. I push the branches out of the way as I run as fast as I can.

I stable myself when I slide down he huge hill, leading to the park. I jump over a log, almost slipping as the rain beats against the face.

I take the sleeve of my leather jacket and wipe my face to the best of my capability. I jump onto the fence, scaling it.

I climb up it quickly before jumping down it, running as I'm looking around the park.

"Daniel!" I yell at the top of my breath, my voice weakening because I just pushed myself.

My knees turn into jello and I feel my arm start bleeding, blood running down my arm, mixing with the water. It leaks down to my hand and I just look at it, immediately looking up to see Daniel standing in the rain.

"Daniel!" I yell again, running over to him. "Joey?" He says weakly, walking over to me slowly.

I run into his arms, almost falling over with him, us both almost crying. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I keep repeating myself over and over again, sobbing into his chest.

He lifts my head up and kisses me hard, breathing in his nose as our lips lock together. "I love you" Daniel mumbles into the kiss, tugging onto my hair and holds me closer.

I just take a moment to process what he just said, trying to ignore it for now and live in the moment.

He loves me.