Ch. 14

Joeys POV

I wake up to the sun shining in through the plastic windows. Daniel is carding his fingers through my hair as I listen to his heart beat, holding onto him.

"How'd you sleep?" Daniel finally breaks the silence, tilting my head up so I would look at him. "Okay, I kept nearly almost falling throughout the night" I reply, sitting up and fixing my messy hair.

"I haven't been to school in 3 days oh god" I say, picking up my phone. The time says 5:30 so I should have time to go home and get ready.

"Just skip" Daniel says, laying back down and covering himself back up. "No daniel we are going to school" I say, I nudge him and throw the blanket across the room.

He groans and turns the other way, "I'm tired" . "You weren't tired when you were staring at me in my sleep. He sits up from the bean bag chair and glares at me, fixing his hair as well.

I stand up and star untying the rope, setting it on the plastic children's table. I take my leather jacket and put it on. I open the door, walking out. "Come on danny" I say, walking down the hill slowly.

I hear the door shut and him walking down. I wait at the bottom for him, swaying back and forth slowly.

He comes running down the hill and lifts me off of my feet, spinning me around. I kick my feet and giggle, scrunching up my nose.

He sets me down and kisses my nose, taking my hand in his and we walk on the side walk.

Silence fills the air as we walk down the busy street. "Joey?" I hear a female call from across the street. I look up to see a short blonde woman walking my way.

"Mom?" I say, squeezing Daniels hand. I let go and bolt away, hearing Daniels foot steps running behind me.

I run up my drive away and unlock the door, opening it immediately. I let Daniel inside before closing and locking it. I slide down the wall and pull my knees up to my chest.

"Joey it was just your mom" Daniel says, kneeling down to meet my gaze. "I can't speak to her, not after what she has done" I reply, my voice shaking.

"What did she-" he starts to speak but Andrew comes into the room.

"What the fuck is he doing here" Andrew says, fixing the towel around his waist. "And the better question, where the fuck were you yesterday and last night? I was worried sick!" He says right after his question.

"We were at the park" I say, looking up.

"I'll just be leaving, see you at school joe" he says, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I nod my head and stand up, closing the door behind him as he walked out.

"You need to stop hanging around Daniel! It isn't good for you!" He says, holding onto his white towel as he gets frustrated.

"I don't need to hear your opinions right now Andrew!" I say, standing up to speak to him.

"You have changed" Andrew says, "you were always so quiet, shy, and never spoke back to me like this"

"Yes I have changed I will admit that" I cross my arms and lean against the wall.

"Then why hang around him!" He says, throwing his arms in the air and slamming them to his side.

"Because I changed for the better Andrew!" I say back in response, my voice rising every second.

"It wasn't for the better! You have just become more cocky!" Andrew yells.

"No! Ever since mom walked out on us ten years ago I've been majorly upset. The darkness inside of my little heart kept growing and growing until I snapped. I began cutting, smoking, isolating myself from everyone, it was to the point where I never thought I'd never make it out alive! I thought I was going to kill myself at some point to be honest! And ever since I met Daniel it's like I took my first breath from drowning under water! That man, my best friend, my rock, the person I never want to let go of, has never disappointed me. Yes he may of just slept with me because I was a virgin but, I know he didn't mean it." I yell, starting to walk up the stairs.

"What do you mean he didn't mean it?" He yells in response.

"We were drunk, we are teenagers. Everything we did that night wasn't meant to become a reality. Believe me, I have been thinking about giving Daniel my virginity before I even knew who the guy was! I shouldn't even be telling you any of this because it isn't any of your business! I'm not a little kid anymore! You're not even two years older than me!" I finally yell, stomping up the stairs.

- - -

I start walking to school and look around the parking lot, trying to look for Daniel.

I see him walking from the other side of the parking lot. He looks up and slides his phone in his pocket.

I start running over to him and he runs back, opening his arms so i can run into them.

Within a fraction of a second I'm in his arms, being spun around. I wrap my legs around his waist as he holds me close.

"Never let go" I whisper.

"I won't" He says back, standing still and just hugs me.

"Promise?"

"I promise"