Want The Best

Sunday afternoon, the sun was beaming down over the south, including Texas. Clover was looking around as she felt the wind blowing in her face and making her hair fly in the wind. She looked to her side and saw Dante driving as they pulled up to his aunt's house.

"You look beautiful today." Dante smiled, looking over at his longtime girlfriend.

Clover chuckled as she leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, for the tenth time. You've already told me that today."

Dante laughed as they both hopped out of the car. He walked around the car and held his girlfriend's hand as they walked up the driveway and into the backyard. The moment they walked up, Dante felt arms around his legs. He looked down to see his nephew Zeke hugging him.

Dante reached down and picked up the four-year-old and held him on his hip. "Hey, little man. You remember Clover, right?"

Zeke looked over at Clover and smiled widely. "Clover!" He squealed, grabbing onto her shoulders and hugging her.

Clover took Zeke from Dante and held him as they walked around. "Hey, buddy. You're getting big." She chuckled, thankful that she lifts a lot of weights and could hold the heavy child.

Zeke started talking about his pre-school and about his new baby sister that he'd gotten recently. He only stopped talking when Clover greeted people that Dante introduced her to, or that she had been previously met.

Clover gently set Zeke down when he wanted to go play outside with the other kids. Dante held Clover's hand as they walked up to his older brother Keon and his wife Laura.

Laura's natural facial expression quickly changed into a bright smile when she saw Clover standing at Dante's side. "Oh my god! Look at you! You're getting more beautiful every time I see you!"

Clover smiled as she gave Laura a side hug. "Me? Look at you. You're glowing."

Lauren rolled her eyes as she looked down at the bundle of joy in her arms. "It's sweat and bags under my eyes from being up with this little one all night."

Clover cooed over Lauren and Keon's newborn baby girl, Ember. She had the bright hazel eyes the Rye brothers were known for and her skin was starting to darken, but they all knew it wasn't going to be by much. She had a full head of brown hair and she was making small sounds as she moved her arms around.

"How old is she?" Clover wondered, letting Ember hold onto her fingers.

Laura handed Ember over to Clover and watched as Clover instinctively held Ember properly and kept a small smile on the little girl's face.

"Two months old," Lauren answered, looking over at Dante who was watching Clover with a bright smile as she took care of the baby.

"Wanna watch her this weekend?" Keon asked his younger brother.

Dante's head shot to his brother and looked unsure. "Both of them? That's a lot isn't it?" Dante wondered. "Like...she's a living being."

Keon chuckled at his brother's response and put his hand on Dante's cheek. "I was your age when I had Zeke."

"Yeah. I remember." Dante scoffed. "Mom and dad were livid. Mom said she was too young to be a grandma. But I guess, we can do it."