Power

Sunday morning, already woken up early and cooked breakfast for himself, Dante was watching tv in his living room. He was listening to the shower turn off from the bathroom down the hall that his girlfriend was occupying. Dante's best friend Julio was still sleeping since he had a bad habit of sleeping in late on his days off.

Dante rubbed his hands down the sides of his face and let out a huff as he thought back at their argument that they had the previous night about what's been on Dante's mind the last couple days.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Clover walk into the living room. He mumbled a good morning to her and turned off the tv. She just gave him a half smile as her response and went into the kitchen. Dante kept his eyes forward as he tapped his finger tips against the arms of the chair as he listened to Clover go into the fridge.

"Me and Ricky were talking about you and Danny." He spoke up. "He's got a thing for you. He wants to be with you. Like seriously be with you."

"I know." Clover said, walking over to him. Dante's eyes landed on her body. Her black sports bra that her breast were spilling out of and the tiniest pink shorts he'd ever seen in his life. "I mind my own business, but I'm not an idiot. There's nothing going on for you and Ricky to be talking about."

"Yeah?" Dante wondered, watching her sit down in the chair next to him. "I believe you and all but it's hard when he's in my ear saying that you weren't to quick to break up y'all's kisses."

"I broke them up instantly." Clover shot back. "What? You think I'm gonna go off and sleep with him?"

When Dante didn't reply fast enough Clover scoffed as she put her feet in the chair with her. "Dante answer the question." She said sternly. "Do you think I'm gonna go off and sleep with him?"

"No." He said easily.

"Then why is this an issue?" Clover wondered, looking away from him. "Name one time I've spent time with a guy that wasn't you or one of the boys by myself? Name one time."

"Kiser?" Dante spat out, looking at her. "That's a time. You had dinner with him."

"I wasn't alone." Clover pointed out, staring at him with the ice cold eyes she was known for. "Ethan, Stephen, and Jose were two tables away the whole time. I'm not an idiot, I knew Mateo would send them after me. You think I'd really go off and have dinner with another guy by myself?"

Dante sighed as he leaned back. He closed his eyes as he tried to think. "I don't think you're gonna cheat on me, I just don't like the fact that there's this guy who's willing to do anything to get a piece of you around you 24/7. Danny's a grown man. As tough as you think you are, it takes five seconds alone for something to happen."

His heart skipped a beat when he heard her voice right next to him. "Nothing will happen. The boys don't like him either and don't leave me alone with him. He's not gonna touch me, I swear."

Dante opened his eyes to see her sitting on his lap. "What about when he kissed you? You were alone than. The boys aren't always going to be there when you find yourself in some trouble. They have their own lives and their own problems to deal with outside of following you around all the time."

Clover leaned her elbow on his shoulder and shook her head as she stared at him intensely. "You're my boyfriend, my heart. I wear this promise ring for a reason. I'll tell you right now, if I wanted to sleep with him I wouldn't be sitting here in your apartment, I'd be in bed with him. I'm ride or die for you, don't let some guy from north Texas who can't do better than hit on a girl seven years younger than him tell you differently. If I'm the only pussy he might be getting, he's going to be in a dry spell for a very, very, very long time."