Homecoming Game

Tonight was the fan favorite game for the Jaguars. Homecoming. The crowd was cheering as the cheerleaders and band performed as the players got prepared to run onto the field. The lights were blinding and the air was intense.

"Jaguars on three!" Mateo yelled, seeing all the players riled up. "One! Two! Three!"

"Jaguars!"

Mateo watched all the players sprint out of the locker rooms and onto the field. The second their cleats hit the field, they ran up to the the fence and hyped of the crowd. Ethan hopped onto the top of the fence and smiled to his sister who was sitting between his aunt and uncle in the second row of the parents section.

Ariana screamed for him and cheered. Ethan blew her a kiss before hopping down when his teammates did and jogged onto the sidelines for the lead singer of the school choir to sing the national anthem. Ethan leaned on Stephen's shoulder and dropped to one knee right as the boy begun to sing.

All of the Jaguars kept their helmets off, one of their hands on their knee, and were silent. When the boy hit the big note at the end of the anthem, the Jaguar football players jumped up and clapped for him while the cheerleaders cheered loudly.

Before they knew it, they won the coin toss and were starting the first quarter. Jose did a dance as he waited for Clover to start calling the play. The moment the words started to leave her mouth, Jose buckled down and focused. He ran right through the opposing team's defense and watched Clover throw the ball perfectly on target.

Jose caught it and kept running until he was forced to run out of bounds a few yards after the 40 yard line. He handed the ball to the referee and jogged back to the line of scrimmage. When he got there, Colby padded his chest with a smile.

"Keep running, speedy Gonzalez." Colby smirked.

Jose put his hand over Colby's and gave him a wink. "I'll keep making you look good, baby."

Colby snatched his hand away and stood at his spot. "Always ruining our moments."

~**~

At the end of the second quarter, the Jaguars were winning 14-7. Ethan chuckled as he got up after tackling the opposing team's wide receiver. He hopped up and walked onto the sidelines. He walked right up to Ricky who was standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. Despite not being on a strict workout schedule like he use to be, Ricky still had all his muscle he had before bulging out of his black short sleeve shirt.

Ricky uncrossed one of his arms and unbuckled Ethan's helmet. "Get to the locker room before I rip your helmet off your head."

Ethan took off his helmet and smirked at the older boy, but followed his instructions and walked off. All of the football players got off the sidelines leaving Danny, Ricky, and Manny behind just as the cheerleaders walked to the sidelines in their homecoming uniforms. The uniforms were black tight shorts that they could move in, white tennis shoes, and shirts that resembled the football players uniforms with nicknames for each girl on the back and a number of their choice. Jessica had Stephen's jersey number 63, Mila had Clover's 19, and Macy had her own lucky number 5, which wasn't a player jersey number.

The cheerleaders instantly strolled onto the field when their music over the loud speakers hit. Manny got up and stood on the end of the sidelines with Ricky and Danny and watched. The girls did a small dance before breaking off into small groups and sending their flyers in the air. Jessica, the front flyer, did a toe touch in the air before being send up again standing up. She lead the cheer as she smiled at the crowd . Her spotters threw her into the air against where she did another move than being caught and going straight into the dance break down that sent the crowd into cheers and screams