Chapter 1 - School

Y/N's POV -

School... oh great. I don't actually hate school, I just hate people, and what is school full of? People. I'm not just an average "slip by on the C's" student, I'm an all A's student and I've been on honor roll every year since they began all A's honor roll. I'm not attempting to brag, but my academics are extremely important to me. As I continue to advance further into my academic career, I find I'm hanging around more and more academically strong students. Most of my friends and I share the same advanced classes, so it's not hard to hang out with them.

Friends. That's another story. Ever since my best friend y/f/n got a boyfriend I've been abandoned in a sense. All she does is eat, sleep, and breathe (insert name of boy here). He's such a jerk to me, y/f/n deserves better than him, in all honesty. He has different intents in the relationship that my friend does... she has more reasonable 8th grade appropriate intents... and you probably can infer the rest.

I'm slowly being drained of everything that is left of the essence that is me. My friends are mainly acting the same except y/f/n, but everything else is ok I guess. Grades are high. Family life is good. My hobbies don't completely consume my life. I'm crying and breaking down less. More music is coming out that is actually of interest to me. Stranger Things is renewed for a 3rd season at Netflix... everything is right, for once.

Finn's POV -

"WHY ARE WE MOVING AGAIN IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A YEAR!" I yell at my mom. I have moved TOO MANY times and I'm honestly fed up with it. 

"Finn, sweety, how many times do I have to tell you?" My mom says, trying to keep her cool.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS 'BUT MY JOB' NONSENSE! THE REAL REASON WE'RE MOVING AGAIN ISN'T THAT AND I KNOW IT MOM! JUST TELL ME WHY WE ARE ALWAYS MOVING ALL THE TIME!" I yell back, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Honey, we can't keep you in any place to long, people will try to use you." My mom says, tears forming in her eyes as she tapes another brown box. I've seen too many brown boxes with tape labeled things such as "Finn's Room" or "Dining Room Dishes." I don't want to move any more.

"Mom?" I ask, "Can you promise that this is the last time we'll move?" She sighs deeply and puts down the packing tape for a second.

"Finn," She says, "I promise."

I start to cry again, I don't mean to, buy I cry. I go up to my room, it's pretty empty and bare without any posters and possessions. I don't know what to do. I just sit against the wall thinking. I don't want to play on my phone. I don't want to practice guitar. I don't want to do anything. I just sit and think.

After a few minutes of that, I'm bored. Now I am questioning why I always have a need to be doing something, I hate it. I decide to do some research on where we are moving now. I type in the name of the town and immediately results pop up. I look at the school, it seems decent. I read some stuff about the town and it turns out that it has a population count of 1,873. That's relatively small to where I have lived before. I don't seem to find anything bad about the town, which is a good sign. No wonder my mom wants us to move here, it's a clean slate, very safe. I close the laptop and sigh, I'm still not excited about moving, but I guess I'm more open to the idea now hat I know what the town is like.

A/N - Thanks for reading this chapter! I know it sucks and nothing interesting really happened, but soon the pace will pick up :) - All support is appreciated! :3 - This is my first story on here, so don't be surprised if you find grammatical errors, misspelled words, verb tenses that don't agree, and odd plots. - Thanks for bearing with me lol -