22

Lani

I'm happy that I came home but my parents have been a pain in my ass! They keep asking why didn't I come with Alex, and of course I ignored all questions that involved her.

"I'm gonna ask one more time and all you have to do is answer." My Mom said cheerfully as we sat at a table in the mall.

"It's obvious you brought me here so you could sweet talk to me." I smiled chewing the ice from my drink.

"What makes you say that?" She grinned taking fries off my plate. "Ma, we've been here for almost half an hour and we haven't bought a thing!" I laughed pushing my hair behind my ears.

"Buy me one thing and I'll tell you about me and Alex," I said putting my pinky out for her to shake.

"Deal."

We locked pinky's and got up leaving the food court. I'm gonna tell her but I need some new stuff to wear and act like I'm stunting on someone. I looked at my phone and got a text from my dad.

"Ma! Did you tell daddy to ask me about Alex? I looked up at her as she dropped her phone into her purse.

"You need to hurry up and tell me cause I just want to know." She threw her hands in surrender walking ahead of me.

"We're taking a break from each because lately all we've done is argue. We just don't feel the same about each other." I said walking into Foot Locker.

"Baby, that's not true. I used to feel like that with your father, I hated when he would go to work, come home late. The whole nine." My mom wrapped her arm around me and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Did you guys break up?" I asked taking a pair of Air Force 1's off the shelf.

"No, I just waited until it was all over. Everything has a purpose, he was working late for us and I had to be his number one. I couldn't give up on him just because we weren't with each other 24/7."

"But what if Alex doesn't want me anymore?" I can't bear the thought of Alex with someone else. I don't want her with anyone else but I don't want to run back to her.

"She'll always want you, Alex might not admit that but you have to know you're her number one."

"Thank you, ma means a lot to me," I said kissing her cheek.

I took out my wallet paying for both my shoes. Maybe my mom is right, I shouldn't worry about Alex coming home late, because she's coming home to me and all I have to do is stick by her side.

I love Alex but sometimes she can be hard-headed. I love everything about Alex, her smile, her personality, the little spark in her eyes when she sees something exciting. I could keep talking about her but I'm not ready to go back.

I looked over at my mom as she started coughing. I think she's getting sick cause the weather hasn't been nice, I took my bag walking out of the store.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom, okay?" My mom said patting my back scurrying off clenching onto her stomach.

"I'll be here waiting." I stood by the restroom door on my phone."

"Boonk gang!"

My bag was pulled at and I dropped my phone quickly turning around. I almost shit myself until I saw Ki, she plays too damn much.

"Man look at what you did." I chuckled picking my phone up off the floor. There was a small crack in the corner of the screen.

"That's what you get for not telling me you were coming home." Ki nudged my arm as I flipped my hair.

"You know I move in silence." I hugged her grabbing at her waist.

"Where's Alex?"

"Can y'all stop asking me about her! As you can see there's no ring on my finger! We are no longer together is that what y'all wanted to hear." I yelled causing people to look at us.

"Jeez my bad, you move in silence how was I supposed to know y'all not together," Ki said sourly rolling her eyes.

I shrugged going to check on my mom and sis was blowing the bathroom up!

"Ma I'm gonna go to my friends' house, you can keep shopping if you want." I  grabbed Ki's hand dragging her out the mall.

"Let me tell you." We stepped outside and I was ready to spill the tea.

Tuh!!

Alex

Man, I've been taking Trey out everywhere. I swipe my card on him more than I do Lani... not that she's relevant at the moment.

"My card can't take this much longer." We went out everywhere! To IHop, the movies, Sky Zone, now we're at the mall. I'm gonna be broke by the end of the night.

"Don't worry I'm almost done." Trey patted my head and I pinched his arm.

Lani would always pinch me if I did something bad.

"Okay, now I'm done." He smiled as I stood up stretching.

"We've been in Foot Locker for 30 minutes and all you got is one pair of shoes." I wanted to slap the skin off this boy and send him into next year.

I swiped my card patiently waiting for the receipt. I ain't buying not another damn thing for this boy, you know why? Cause he's spoiled to the bone just like Lani.

"So damn spoiled," I mumbled pushing my hair back. I gave Lani everything plus more! And she pays me back by breaking up with me? Who does that?!

Lani doesn't miss me because if she did, she would've called me. Y'know I wish she'd get over this and come back to me.

"Man let's go home," I mumbled passing Trey his bag. It's already 8 o'clock and I'm ready to go home, Trey could stay out all day and night with no type of problems.

I'm not really built like that, I get tired of being out all day. I didn't like working those shifts for Ashton but it's easy money! I can give Lani whatever she wants, I could even send her off to college if she wanted to go!

Everything I do is for us, I understand she might not be on board with everything but what I do makes my life easy. I just wish Lani would see that and would stop thinking there's no reason for what I do.

Boom