Chapter 1

June 1st, 2017

-We're Back and Better than Ever-

Waking up, I see Max getting dressed. He was working at his father's company until he could find another job to support our family. Max felt like he didn't want to be a burden to the upcoming family and that he would want to be there every step of little one's life. Max wanted to be a better father than his own. So now, every morning, he would get up and get ready to leave for work. For me, I was being home-schooled until the baby was born. My mom didn't want me going to that school after what happened and I understand where she's coming from. The last two weeks, I quit field hockey because I had new responsibilities to achieve. Coach Brogan, seemed to understand and she wished me luck on a better future for myself.

Getting up, Max was struggling a bit with his tie, so I helped him out. I fixed the tie up around the collar of his shirt. Max looked at me amazed on how I knew how to place a tie on a man. As I finished, he cupped my chin and gave me a passionate kiss. I was so excited to get married with this handsome, charming, caring, and remarkable guy. I can still remember the time when he bent down on his knee and asked me to marry him. I looked down at our rings. He had a silver ring of sounds. Picking up his hand, I interlocked my fingers with his and looked into his eyes.

"Mmm...babe, I wish I could, but I can't. I gotta go." He rest his forehead against mine.

"I know. I want you to have a good day."

"I will, Tate. I love you." He kissed.

"Love you too, Max."

I watched Max put his leather Jacket on as he got ready to go. He gave me another quick kiss and said goodbye to me and our unborn child. Then Max left. Grabbing a towel and some shampoo for my hair, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I turned the knob on and waited for the water to get warm.

As I got in the shower, the warm water hit my body as I began to scrub myself. When the bath sponge touched my stomach, I realized that my stomach was a bit bigger than before. I really wanted to have this baby. It would bring a miracle for Max and I. Maybe it was meant to be for me to have a baby at 17.

Mom placed two plates of bacon, eggs, sausage, and pancakes down on the table. I helped her grab two glass cups out of the cabinet and poured orange juice in them. Then I sat down at the table, beginning to eat breakfast with mom.

"Morning, honey. How was your sleep?"

"It was ok. Sometimes I forget that I can't lay on my stomach anymore." I chuckled.

"Well, when I was pregnant with you, you were stubborn as ever. When I would try to eat my favorite foods, you wouldn't let me. When I would try to sleep, I could feel you kicking all the time. You were a mess, Taytum." Mom laughed.

"Gee, thanks mom."

"Well what are you going to be doing today?" Mom drunk her orange juice.

"I thought about going to the library to return a book that I was borrowing and then probably go visit grandma." Mom looked at me as I said that.

"You're actually going to go see your grandmother?"

"Yeah. I can't be angry at her my whole entire life because she wishes that I was dead. So I'll try to make amends with her. She is dying. I think it'll be selfish of me to not at least go visit her before she does die." Mom stared at me. "What mom?"

"You really are becoming a woman."

"Ok mom, I got to go. I love you." I got up and placed my dish in the dishwasher.