Chapter 14

September 15, 2017

-Changes-

(Max's point of view)

   I opened my eyes realizing that I wasn't home, that I was still stuck in this god damn glass room. I know I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. I hate not seeing my friends, family, and Tate. Seeing her face shine so bright and feel her perfect sweet lips touch mine. Two months have passed and I might as well be called dead. My family probably stopped looking for me. I knew they stopped. Did they even think I was missing? Every day I would do the same thing over and over in this hell whole. The only difference is that Brian has been doing more test. He's been sounding much more different than he was before and through the glass, his shadow looks much different as if he wasn't even human anymore. The doctors here didn't test me because I was too young apparently and I had to mature enough for my body to handle the test. But for Brian, I feel like he's dying. His only wish is to see his family for the last time. I don't even think that wish will come true.

   The same doctor that checks up on me was knocking on the glass door. I took a deep breath and sat up. I looked at the doctor as he gave me that evil grin of his. I know what you're thinking, "How is it for the past two months do you not know what the doctor's name is?" Well to answer your question, they are very secretive about their names with us. The only name I know is Dr. Hanson, the one who stopped the other doctors from doing the tests on me. I do know the name Dr. Larnold, but I don't know what he looks like.

   The doctor came into the glass room and kept smiling as he waited for me to stand. Oh and by the way, if I didn't do what they had asked me to do, they would decrease my oxygen in my room for 10 minutes and if I continued to not listen, they would decrease the time until if felt like I couldn't breathe at all.

   "Good morning, Mr. Tiller. How was your rest." He held his hand out.

  I shook his hand and answered him. "It was pleasant, thank you Doctor."

   "Well breakfast will be here very soon, but I have to talk to you about a terrible accident that occurred late at night." His smile soon turned to a frown.

   "What was the accident, doctor?"  I was a bit curious.

   "Sadly, your friend, Brian was found on camera dead. He passed in his sleep. Apparently his body just couldn't take much more of the test we were giving him. If he wasn't causing so much stress on himself, he possibly could have lived for three more years. But the mutations were a bit satisfying. Hopefully when you mature, you will let us help you."

   My eyes dropped to the floor. I knew Brian wouldn't be able to out stand anymore of those tests. The way he talked, the way he cried every night. He knew that he wasn't going to live. And this sick bastard is just smiling like this man wasn't anything. He just lost his family and his life. Well I'll cross that, he already lost his life, just like I did.

   "...But good news for you." He smiled again. "Since you lost your last friend, we went out and gathered you a new friend. Meet Natalia Castino."

   I head lifted up as I knew who that was. She was the girl from Monte Carlo. What the hell was she doing here? I started breathing very heavy. Then all of a sudden I heard a girl scream.

   "GET OFF OF ME!!! HELP!!!" Natalia screamed.

   "She's gonna take some time getting used to this place. Make sure you help her feel comfortable." His smile was even wider before as he turned his back and left.

   I could hear Natalia bang on the glass, trying to escape. She reminded me of myself when I first arrived here. I rushed over to the glass next to her room and I knocked on it.