Chapter 2

June 1st, 2017

-Scheduled for a Business Trip-

(Max's point of view)

I had a long day at work and I was tired. I've been going to school every other day and working afterwards. Tate insisted on getting a job as well, but I didn't want her to stress herself out. I wanted to step up, be a man and provide for my family. I didn't want my soon to be wife working when she's pregnant.

Getting into my mustang, I was prepared to drive off until I saw my dad calling after me. I rolled down my window as he came up to my car. Dad fixed himself up and it took him a while to speak. He was out of breath. (What a damn shame.)

"Hey Max, I wanted to talk to you about something." Dad was still trying to catch his breath. "When we talked about you might getting the company, I forgot to mention this to you. In order for me to give the company to you, you're going to have to go with me to a business trip and get to learn the ropes."

"Dad, a business trip? I can't leave Tate alone down here. She's pregnant and anything can happen to her."

"Son listen, the trip is only for a month. That's all. I'm sure Taytum will understand, but if you don't do this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn my head to Aaron."

"A month. A fucking month!? I'll see dad, but thanks for the offer." I shook my head.

"You're welcome son, just think about this carefully." Dad pat me on the shoulder before walking off.

I really did want to go to the business trip, but the thought of me having to be away for a month ticked me off. Why not a week at the least? I don't even think Tate would allow this. In plus, I don't want to leave her here all alone. I know her mom is going to be with her, but what if something happened to Tate, to the baby, our baby. I was just in soo many emotions right now.

I pulled out of the parking lot and began driving home. It was 6:45 p.m. and I decided to get Tate her favorite ice cream, vanilla. I went into the drive through of Dunkin Donuts and waited. There was a black corvette in front of me. Two minutes later and the car was still at the first window. What the fuck was it doing? Then I saw a girl handing a piece of paper to the guy in the car. They were fucking flirting at a drive through. What the hell? Honking my horn, I stuck the middle finger at the guy. The guy sticks his head out the window and it Aaron. Of course it'll be him. He'll flirt with someone at a funeral.

Aaron sticks his middle finger back at me and drives off. I pulled up to the window and I had to admit, she was pretty, but also looked slow. The girl began eye balling me as I handed her my card.

"Oooh Max, what a sexy name for a handsome guy." She winked at me.

"First, eww. Second, I have a girlfriend and third, give me my damn card back." I held my hand out.

"Whatever, jerk." She rolled her eyes and closed the window.

What is this place? The Drive Through for Whores? I know not to come back to this place again. I finally got the vanilla ice cream for Tate and the cookie buttermilk ice cream for me. Then I drove home.

I opened the front door and stepped inside. Mrs. Jase was making dinner and it smelled mighty delicious. Washing my hands, I placed the ice cream in the freezer. I was about to head upstairs to find Tate when Mrs. Jase stopped me.

"Hey Max, if you're looking for Taytum, she isn't here. She's still with her grandmother." Mrs. Jase went back to finish dinner.

I was a little bit sad. I wanted to see my favorite girl, but she wasn't here. I guess I'll shower up and wait for her to get home. I did have to talk to her about my dad's business trip.

After taking a shower, I was about to leave the bathroom when I saw Tate taking her clothes off. She was in her under wears and bra and she looked beautiful as ever. I rest my head against the door way as I admired her body. I mean, I was in a towel myself and anything could happen right this moment, but all I did was just stare at her. Tate turned around and she jumped a bit. I could see Tate's little baby bump and I smiled to myself.

"What are you thinking about, Mr. Tiller?" She bit her lower lip.

"I'm thinking about what I would do to you right this moment, Mrs. Tiller." I came walking towards her.

"Ooh, how exciting." Tate placed her hand on my chest.

Placing my hands on her hips, I kissed her soft lips. Then I began kissing her harder and realized that I wanted her. I picked Tate up and placed her on top of her dresser. I opened up her legs and stepped between them as I started unlacing Tate's bra. All of a sudden, before I could get to the best part, Tate pushed me off of her abruptly and ran into the bathroom. She lifted the toilet seat up and began throwing up. I ran into the bathroom and held her hair while I was rubbing her back. He or she just had to ruin the moment.

Tate finally stopped throwing up and sat up. I got a wet cloth and wiped her mouth off. Then I carried her to the bed as I threw some pajamas on so I could get Tate some water.

"Is everything alright, I heard coughing." Mrs. Jase looked at me worrisome.

"Yeah, Tate just had to throw up. So I'm getting her some water." I walked in the kitchen, pulled out a glass cup and poured water in it. Then I went back upstairs and handed Tate the glass.

"Thanks, Max." She took a sip.

"Anything for you, babe." I bent down to her stomach and began shaking my head. "Aww, little baby Tiller, you just had to ruin the moment between your mom and I. We still love you though. Can't wait to see you in person." I rubbed my hand on her stomach.

Tate began giggling and I climbed into bed and laid down beside her. My hand was still on her stomach and my eyes were on Tate as she continued drinking the glass of water. I had one beautiful person in my life, but soon I was going to meet another.

"Babe?" She looked at me as I called her name.

"Yes, Max?"

"So about that whole giving the company to me, you remember that right?"

"Yeah and...?"

"There's a proposition that comes with it." I was a bit worried.

"What's the proposition?" Tate cocked an eyebrow at me.

"In order for me to get the company, I have to go on a business trip with my dad to learn the full experience on owning a company."

"Ok, that's good. How long will the trip be?"

Oh, oh. Should I just blurt it out? "A month."

Her eyes were wide open now. "A month, Max. A FREAKING MONTH!!!"

Aww man, I didn't dodge the bullet this time. "Babe, I know, but if you don't want me to go, I won't."

Tate took a deep breath and turned her body to me. "Max, baby, this is a really good job and your dad is willing to give this to you. I'm not going to stand in the way of something this good. I want you to go on that business trip even if it's going to kill me that I won't be able to see my fiancée for a month."

I love this woman soo much. She is not like the other girls I've met in my life. She's super supportive for me even if it means that I won't be with her for a month. "You don't know how much that meant to me. Thanks for being soo understanding, babe."

"You're welcome, Max. So where and when is the trip?" She asked.

"It's in Monte Carlo and I'm leaving June the 15th."

"Well, I guess that means that I'm going to have to give you all of me until it's time for you to go." Tate smirked.

"Or you can give me all of you right now." I started rubbing her thigh.

"I just threw up, Max. I don't think you want throw up breath."

"Yeah, you're right, I don't." Tate got a pillow and hit me with it.