Chapter 12

August 26, 2017

-Let Me Out-

(Max's Point of View)

A person with a white mask dragged me down a dark glass hallway. I could see the light in front of me fading away. I tried hitting and punching the man that was dragging me but when I did that more, he'd pull my hair even tighter than before. Then suddenly a door opened and the man threw me inside of this glass looking room. I went to get up on my feet to try to leave, but immediately the glass door closed and I was trapped inside. I saw the guy smirk through his mask and turned around on his heels and walked away. I was trapped inside here and there was no where for me to escape.

"LET ME OUT!" As I pounded on the window. "LET ME OUT!"

"SHUT UP!" Someone yelled.

"Who is that?" Turning my head slightly to the left.

"You're worst nightmare." A guy said snickering.

"Are you locked up in here as well?"

"Naw I'm just your imaginary friend. Of course I am or otherwise I wouldn't be speaking to you." The guy said sarcastically.

"Well where the hell are you?"

"Next door, genius. If I'm not in the room with you then that means I'm next door." He snickered again.

"Well I have to get out of here." I said urgently.

"You can't. This glass room is built solid and did I mention to you that its sound proof as well?"

"No, you didn't. But if it is why is it that I can hear you?"

"I guess so we can annoy the hell out of each other. I don't know. Maybe so we can talk." He yawned.

"How long have you been in here?"

"Going on my second year." He clapped his hands as if he sounded proud to be trapped in here.

Panic loomed over me. Two years he's been trapped here. I can't...I can't be here. I have a family that I need to get to. I sat down on the well neat bed which was odd. Taking deep breaths, I had to find some way to get out of here. I'm not going to be like that dude who just sits there waiting for his time to come to and end. I ain't giving up that easy. I won't let those bastards have it that easily.

"HELLOOO...? You there buddy?" He whistled.

"Please just leave me be." I said.

"I don't know your name, but I know how it feels when coming into this place, not knowing what the hell is going on. They took me when I was in a car crash. Two years later and I never gotten a chance to say goodbye to my wife and our two sons." He choked on his words.

"Why haven't you tried to escape?"

"...Because if you did, those turds out there will make sure you can't try to leave again."

"What do you mean?" Confused.

"Buddy, come on are you slow? They cut my right leg off because I tried to escape. How am I suppose to escape now with one leg. It's not like I can just crawl, brother."

Tears started to well up in my eyes. There was no way to escape this place. No wonder it was so high tech. The glass room, the sound proof, the machinery, it's like these people have been doing this for a long time. I began breathing very heavy as I thought about not being able to see Tate, our baby girl, my mom, and even Aaron. But then deep down, inside of me somewhere was telling me that I was not going to be forgotten, that I'm going to make it out of here alive.