Chapter 10

August 21, 2017

-A Great Loss-

(Max's point of view)

My eyes hesitated to open. My mind was a blur and I couldn't focus. What happened and where was I? I felt something wet dripping on my hand. Finally after a while, I managed to open my eyes. Blood was dripping on my hand. I looked around me and saw a man laying face down with his arm twisted the wrong way. I tried to touch the ground, but then I realized that I wasn't on the ground. I was in a tree. I gritted my teeth as I slowly tried to move. Then that's when I ached in pain. There was a pair of scissors in the side of my stomach.

Memories came flooding into my head. I remember as the plane was close to hitting the ground, dad tighten my belt and made sure that I wouldn't fall out and die a terrible death. Then the impact, it was hard to remember what happened next.

I had to think, I had to think real quick. I was at least 3 feet from the ground, but I wasn't worried about the height, I was worried about the wound. I didn't want to land on the wrong side of my stomach for the scissors to actually kill me. So I slowly and cautiously moved my right leg and stretched it out as close to the ground, then I let myself fall. Luckily, I landed on my right side of my stomach. I shook my head to focus. Looking to my right, the man beside me was my dad.

I got up and it almost felt like I was learning how to walk for the first time. I limped over to my dad and fell down beside him. His arm was broken badly and his bone was popping out of it. I went to see if my dad was alive, and impossibly he was. Slowly, I tried to wake him up and he groaned for a bit and then went quiet. I then tried to get him up which was insane because I could barely stand myself.

"Max..." Dad mumbled.

"Dad, can you walk."

"You're going to have to leave me." Tears filled up in his eyes.

"Dad, you must be dumb as hell." I slowly tried to laugh, but that hurt. "I am not leaving you here. You're not dead yet and neither am I. So come on, so we can find help and get home."

"Fine, it'll be selfish for me to just leave you, you ass." Dad used his left arm to grab a hold of me.

Even if we been in a plane crash, he was still the same person. Well I gather anyway, his arm is quite broken. We counted to three as I left his body up. It took a toll on me the most because the pain was unbearable with the scissors in my side. Dad looked at my stomach and his face dropped.

"Why the hell..."

"Dad, I know. That is why we need to get help." I explained.

"Well come on then." We grabbed each others arms as we began to walk.

Dad and I were trenching through a forest. Dad and I both groaned as our bodies ached in pain. I didn't know where we are, but the place did look marvelous. Some trees curved over on another and some were basically taller than one another. But I was also scared and worried. I bet the fire-fighters, police officers, and the news members came to investigate the plane. They probably already checked and said that all the innocents where dead, when really, dad and I were both still alive. Then I worry about what Tate would've thought when she watches the news. This will crush her very much. I have to get back home, but first I have to get these damn scissors out of my side.

It felt like we were hiking through the forest forever. It was honestly terrifying and I saw my dad get weaker and weaker. I was honestly afraid for him, but that only made me fight twice as hard to try to find help. There was an opening about twenty feet from us and I saw someone walking with their dog. I began speed-limping towards the person as I carried dad and myself. As we approached the person, I suddenly collapsed and was in sooo much pain. I could hear the person running to us trying to help us, but my mind was unfocused on what he/she was saying. The pain was so terrible. I saw my dad laying down on the ground beside me. I tried calling his name but I couldn't speak. It was as if I was paralyzed.

My eyes were still blurry, but I managed to see the person take out their phone and dial someone. I was hoping it was for help. The last thing I remembered was holding my dad's hand as he closed his eyes.

August 24, 2017

"AHHHH!" I screamed out in terror. Looking around me, the room was bright and I hated it. There was instant pain from my side as I flinched quickly. I went to place my hand on the my side to feel scissors, but they weren't there. I must've been in a hospital, but then the place that I was in didn't look like a hospital. It was more of a bright room with lights surrounding me. Panic started to set in and I began freaking out. A male came in and had a clip board in his hand.

"Who are you, where's my dad, and where are we?" Questions were enlarging themselves in my head.

"Aah, you speak. Hmmm, seems like you were in a bit of a problem?" The guy studied me.

"Dammit, just answer my questions."

"You should be thanking me. I am the one that saved your life. I don't think it was the other way around." He smirked.

"What about my father?"

"You're father? He's dead. He could never survive the impact that he was in. You on the other hand, its seems impossible."

"What the fuck do you mean?" Anger crashed over me.

"What do I mean? Lets see. Your father is in a river being eaten by fishes and other organisms."

"You threw my dad in a FUCKING RIVER!?" I tried to get up to kick his ass.

"Why wouldn't we? We didn't want to draw attention to ourselves so it was the only way. You should be glad that you aren't there with him. I don't understand you people, so ungrateful. We save your lives, you pay the price."