Chapter 7

July 2nd, 2017

-Two months left-

(Max's Point of View)

I just finished getting off the phone with Tate. She had shown me a picture of how her belly has grown. It looked beautiful to see that little one was growing fast. Tate just turned thirteen weeks and in five more weeks, we'll be able to learn what the gender of the baby is. But then, I wouldn't be able to be there when that happens. I'll still be up here. Monte Carlo is a really cool, amazingly pretty place, but with Tate not here, it's kind of lonely. My dad is here, but I can't make out with him. That'll just be gross and weird. I miss her soo much, but time is going by fast.

Today was a chill day for me. I've been in soo many meetings, in greets, and have been talking to other associates in nearby companies and it's all just too much. I just want to relax. I don't understand how my dad can do this. Right now, my dad was out of the hotel, talking with some people, and that meant I had the whole day to myself. But eventually that'll get boring. I was playing some video game and reading some books that were recommended from Tate. I was even looking at some ultrasound pictures that Tate had sent me. Little one was definitely growing. You can see it's head starting to form, it's body parts as well and so the heart.

To be honest, I knew deep down that Tate was going to be having a girl. To me that was good. I would be able to spoil her, treat her like a princess, make her breakfast, lunch and dinner. But most in important was seeing her grow up into a beautiful young lady.

I got up and grabbed my leather jacket. Walking out of the hotel room, I headed to the elevator. As the doors were about to close, a woman yelled out telling me to hold them for her. So I did. The woman came in the elevator and I had to admit, she was an eye catching woman, but she wasn't Tate. The woman looked at me and said thank you as the elevator doors closed.

When the elevator hit the first floor, I was about to walk out and leave before the woman called out to me.

"Hey, you. Wait up!" She yelled.

"Um, yes?" Bewildered by her presence.

"You look like someone punched you in the heart today. Why don't you and I go get some coffee?"

"I appreciate the invitation, but I'll have to decline the offer." I began to walk again.

"Come on. I won't bite. I insist you to come along. I see that you are not from here." The woman was trying so hard for me to come with her.

"Fine, but this is only to get coffee, nothing else."

"Of course." I followed the woman to the coffee shop.

The woman and I were sitting at a famous coffee shop drinking some coffee. Man was it good. I still don't understand why the woman wanted to have coffee with me.

"So you must wonder who I am?" She sipped her coffee.

"Yeah, I am wondering that and why you are giving such a generous gesture."

"Ha, ha, ha, ha. Funny man you are. Anyway, I'm Natalia Castino and you are?" She held her hand out. I guess she wanted a hand shake from me.

"It's Max Tiller."

"Max...what is a man like yourself so lost in a place like this?"

"I'm here with my dad. Business trip, you see." I said.

"Who's your father?" She asked.

"Richardson Tiller." I added.

"Wow, I didn't know you were his son. You surely do look alike. How old are you by the way?"

"Why do you ask?" Cocking an eyebrow.

"I'm just asking. It's merely a friendly question.

"I'm 17."

"Really, 17. Wow, I'm only 16." Natalia laughed.

I looked at her with a confused look. What was she getting at this? Was Natalia really trying to flirt with me. Sometimes being handsome really gets on my fucking nerves. I only want one woman in my life and it sure as hell isn't Natalia. I had to think of something quick. So I decided to pretend that I was looking at my right hand. That is where was engagement ring is locate on. Natalia seemed to be studying my hand until she asked the question I've been dreading for.

"That's a very nice ring. Are you married or something?"

"Not yet. I'm engaged to a wonderful woman that I love dearly." I literally blurted that out to her.

"Aww that's so sweet, so what is she like?" Natalia placed her hands on her chin.

"She's a beautiful, smart human being. She's different than any other woman that I've ever been with. Her personality, her character, her stubbornness, everything that I see in her made me fall in love with her." I smiled to myself just thinking about what I had just said.

"This is going to make me cry." Tears fluttered in her eyes. "What's this beautiful girl's name?"

"Her name is Taytum Jase, soon-to-be Taytum Tiller."

"Soo sweet. Do you have any pictures of her?" Natalia's face expression was waiting for a yes.

"I do."

Taking out my phone, I showed Natalia some pictures of me and Tate. We did look awesome together. When I looked at Tate's smile, my heart dropped to my knees. Why can't time go any faster? Natalia would smile and say awww on each picture that I showed her. Until this picture of Tate being pregnant gave her a suspicious look.

"Is your fiancée pregnant?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, today she just turned thirteen weeks."

"Wow, you're going to have an amazing family." Natalia checked her phone. "Oh sorry dearie. My father just sent me a message, wanting me to come home right away for a family discussion. Thank you for coming to get coffee with me."

"Thank you for inviting me." I smiled.

"You're very welcome. Maybe we'll see each other again. Until then, have a nice time in Monte Carlo and take care of your future wife and your unborn child." Natalia gave me a hand shake before going off.

As I was walking down the sidewalk, my dad had called me. I answered the phone and right away he was telling me that tomorrow we had another business meeting with Mr. Mark Santigo and Mr. Jason Dickerson. I eventually hung up on him and went about my day just having me time.