Chapter 18

October 16, 2017

-White Lie-

(Quint's point of view)

It was 11 pm when I heard Tay's phone buzzing. I looked over and saw Tay sleeping peacefully on my chest. She let me stay over for the first time. I really do love this girl. She makes me feel like I've never felt anything. She's the reason I'm here right now. I leaned in and kissed her forehead and I swore I saw her smile for a brief second.

Anyway, I turned and looked at Tay's phone and saw a message that made my heart drop to my knees. The message read, "Tate, if you see this I need your help. I'm so, so, sorry for everything that happened. I love you and I need you. I'm in London and I'm in this abandon warehouse. I need..."

NO, NO!!! It couldn't be true. He's dead. This is a prank, this can't be happening. All these months and now later he sends her a message. This is a prank, I won't let some douchebag round her up like that. But I also couldn't let her see this text message. She would be on the edge of the cliff about this. I decided to forward the text to myself so I could send it to the group and ask them to keep it quiet so we wouldn't alarm Tay. He just couldn't be alive, could he?

October 25, 2017

(Tate's point of view)

Looking through my closet, I pulled out a black and white striped dress with an emerald cardigan. There was a knock at my door as I finished fixing up my hair.

"Come in." I yelled.

I turned my head to see Quint looking me up and down smiling. "You look incredible, Tay." He bit his lip.

I told him thanks and took a deep breath while looking in the mirror. I did look great I was glowing really hard too. Quint came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around me as a kiss was planted on my cheek.

"Going anywhere special?" Quint asked.

"Yea, I wanted to take my mom out for lunch. Spend some girl time." Looking up at him.

"Aah ok. Well I'm gonna head down to the diner and go talk to the guys." A worried look popped on his face.

"Um...Should I go?" A concern expression popped on my face.

"Naw, go out, have fun with your mom I'll be just fine." He put a strand of hair behind my ear.

Then Quinton just turned and left. That was extremely weird to me and come to think of it, he's been acting weird all morning. Shrugging it off, I grabbed some black ankle boots and headed downstairs to go out with my mom.

(Quint's point of me)

Rushing into the car, I placed the key into the ignition and backed out of the Jase's driveway. I've been shaken up ever since that little message I believed was a prank, had gotten to me. I didn't mean to act weird towards Tay but I just had to get out of there or she would've sensed something was up.

I was making a right turn when I got a message from Christen asking where my ass was at. Quickly, I texted her ass back telling her I was gonna be there in five minutes away. As I was driving past a pole, there was a poster taped onto it with the heading, "MISSING." I parked the car on the side of the road and got out. Creeping up to the pole I read the name, "Natalia Castino." It read that she was last seen September, 15th in a crashed limo in France.

Damn another accident I thought to myself and she's missing too. A worrisome feeling crept inside of me when I thought about Max and the plane crash and his body missing. Something didn't feel right to me.