Chapter 3

June 2nd, 2017

-First Appointment-

(Max's point of View)

"Tate, wake up!" Shaking her arm.

"Max, gimme at least ten minutes." She groaned.

"No because if I do that, you're going to take an hour to get ready, so get up now! Today is your first appointment." God, she was soo stubborn.

"Fine, dad!" She got out the bed and grabbed a towel and shampoo.

"You know, I don't mind if you call me daddy." I winked at her.

"Your disgusting." She hissed.

"You love it." I blown her a kiss.

"Sadly, I do." She closed the bathroom door.

"Hey, what's that suppose to mean?"

"I love you." She yelled.

I fixed up the bed and got dressed as Tate was taking her hour long showers. I was really excited today. This would be the first doctor's appointment to see the baby. I mean I know the baby is the size of a kidney bean, but it was still amazing to see that he or she is developing. To be honest, all I was worried about was seeing our child in person.

Ten minutes later, Taytum finally got out the shower. She looked a bit tired from throwing up last night. As Tate was rubbing lotion on herself, I offered to blow dry her hair. Whatever shampoo Tate used, her hair was smelling terrific. I thought about teasing Tate a bit. So I moved her hair to one side and exposed her neck. I then, bent down and began kissing her neck. Tate tensed up real quick and I still continued making out with her neck.

"Max, you're talking about me, but we'll never make that damn appointment if you keep trying to have sex with me." Tate got up.

"Well I can't help it that my fiancée is looking mighty fine with just a bra and panties on."

"Hmm ok, I'll be getting dressed in the bathroom." She grabbed some clothes and went in the bathroom. God, I love that woman.

Later on, I was waiting by the front door for Tate. She still hasn't come out of her room even though we only had ten minutes to get to the office. I seriously was about to go up into the room and drag her ass out, but I'm not going to do that. I'm going to stand out here and wait for her like the perfect gentlemen I am. Finally, Tate came out of her room and oh my god. She was looking beautiful and she was glowing really well. Tate wore a long sleeve button top with a flared skirt and black laced shoes with a brown belt and a scholastic necklace. She seriously looked like a model right now. She walked down the stairs with confidence and her hair following right after her. I was just gazing.

"Chop, chop. No staring, we got a doctors appointment to get to." She opened the door and walked out.

"Yes we do." I followed after her.

In the car, I saw Tate moving around nervously. She looked out the window and fidgeting her hand. To calm her down, I placed my hand on her thigh and she turned around, looked at me and smiled.

"Babe, don't be nervous. Everything's going to be ok, just relax and you'll be fine." I reassured her.

"Thanks, Max. I know that everything is going to be fine, but this is the first time that we'll be getting to see our baby." Tate took my hand and held it.

"Yeah, this is our first time." I continued driving.

We were sitting in the office waiting to be called in the back. My hand rested on Tate's leg as she continued to look around the room. The office was really busy today and we've been sitting in the waiting room for at least thirty minutes. I was texting my dad about the business trip that I'd be going to soon. I was still pretty upset that I would have to leave Tate for three damn months, but this is good for me and she's even allowed me to go. Another fifteen minutes passed and a woman opened the door and called for Taytum's name. Getting up, Tate took my hand and we went through the door where the nurse was waiting.