Forty-Seven

Isabel

"Goodnight Liam" my exhausted lips whisper.

"Good morning my love" love – the word curls beautifully between his lips. Love – the feeling is dripping from his voice and his eyes.

"Isabel... wait"

"Mhmmm"

"If I could kiss you through the phone my life would be much easier..."

His voice is so warm but it feels like drops of ice water slowly tricking on the back of my neck all the way down my spine.

I close my eyes, smile and involuntarily kiss my phone...

"I love you..." his sleepy voice whispers and my alerted heart has woken.

His breathing pattern changes which means he fell asleep... while he stole the last bit of sleep from my eyes.

I hug my knees and then I remember I have one last thing to do... I put on my sweatshirt, I pick up my house keys and I head towards the elevator.

Steps overtaken with fear, my heart is already regretting the decision I have made.

I am scared. I am not strong enough to face it.

The elevator door opens to the underground parking, Zach has bought a spot from the proprietor because my small room does not get a parking space and the car that Liam got me is still in the office's parking.

The elevator door opens and my body starts shaking.

I spot her with the corner of my eye and a world of memories starts twirling all around me.

I walk slowly towards it, such a beauty with the royal blue color.

If only he were here to rub it in his face and tell him, I was right.

I trace the car with my dancing fingers, my eyes closed, and for a minute there, it felt like my fingers are tracing the shadow of his tattoos on his soft skin.

I open the door and my weak heart fainted.

I throw myself in the arms of his seat... and I wrap my arms around its back taking in the traces of his smell still lingering on the leather.

I turn around, I look at the steering wheel, and I can still see his hands, his beautiful fingers holding onto it.

I hug it, I start kissing every inch of it and I can taste his lips between mine.

I miss him more than my weak heart can admit.

I will forever love him with every fringe of me.

I look to the passenger seat by my side and I remember the first time he ever held my hand...

I still feel his fingers intertwining in mine, my stupid mind forcing me to keep my shields up while my heart was crumbling before his touch.

His green eyes still light up the darkest part of this car and my life... and then I remember when I slept on his shoulder... it was the first time in my life I felt I belong to a place, to a person...

I look to the front at the hood and my body shivers on the memory of us making out on that hood cover after our first and only fight.

I touch my waist and his fingers loiters, I take a deep breath and I remember how his moist wet lips trailed my neck and my chest then devoured my lips.

My fingers buried in his light brown messy hair, I tighten my grip and I hurt my thigh.

Adam...