❁six❁

22:00

he looked up towards the night sky. it was filled with many different coloured and shaped fireworks shooting upwards after every second.

his mouth was left opened as he continued to stare upwards, admiring every single firework in the sky.

this was sure his first time looking at fireworks upclose. it was very beautiful, indeed.

he looked down, glancing at yerim, who was sitting right beside him, filming the fireworks on her cellphone.

she cracks into a small smile as she admired the fireworks through her phone screen.

after the beautiful fireworks, they headed to the ferris wheel to wrap up their date in the amusement park which both of them enjoyed very much.

silence, it was complete silence in the ferris wheel ride, excluding the sounds made by them munching into the snacks they have gotten; churros & two milkshakes. but the silence wasnt any ordinary awkward silence, it was one comfortable one.

"hey, jungkook." yerim called out his name, softly, breaking the silence.

he hummed in respond which yerim quickly asked, "do you know what date is it today?"

he stared at her questionably, "fifth march? why?"

"its my birthday today."

he was geniuely shocked. he did not expect that outburst. "why are you not celebrating it with your parents?"

he thought maybe, maybe, she was the same as him. her parents could be too busy like his that they couldnt even make it to celebrate their child's birthday.

she sighs first, before answering, they were taken away from me by god."

his eyes widen, immediately regretted his decision on asking her that. "im sorry for that." he apologises sincerely.

"its fine. its been ten years already. it doesnt hurt as much anymore." she says with a smile.

a smile that shows sadness. he could clearly see through her, she wasnt fine, she still have not recovered from that incident. he felt sympathy for her, lots of sympathy.

"and i wanted to thank you for celebrating my birthday with me, i guess? i havent celebrated my birthday since they left. so thanks." she says.

he smiled as he nods, "no problem."

soon, silence kicked in. but this time, it was different. it wasnt comfortable like just now, it felt awkward, just a little awkward.

he stared outside, through the glass window as he thought deeply. ten years without celebrating her birthday. she must be lonely all this while. but why doesnt she want to have friends?

he gathered courage, before asking a question which he might regret his whole life for asking. "why dont you have friends then? was it because of this incident?"

she bits her lips, trying her best not to break down into pieces again. "y-yeah."

those memories came flashing in her mind, those memories she doesnt want to recall again. she remembers, she remembers how after her parents funeral, she went back to school. her friends didnt even comfort her, instead, they teased her, made fun of her.

"she doesnt have a mum or a dad! haha!" she hears that everyday, everytime, whenever a student walked passed her.

those words were like an arrow shot right onto her heart. she recalls how hurt she was, how she would stay in the toilet and lock herself in there and cry her heart out.

it was that difficult period of time in her life.

and it was also that time period where all her friends left her one by one. and after a short period of time, she was all alone. there was no one she could depend on, all she could depend on was herself.

and that was the reason why, why she refuses to make new friends. she was just afraid, afriad that the same incident would happen again.

her tears rolled down, continuously and unstoppable. she wipes her tears with the top surface of her hand, but tears just forms immediately after.

somehow, his heart broke to see her at this state. after hearing her story, he could tell that she had suffered a lot, more than anyone could imagine.

he pulls her into an embrace, patting her back, in hopes to calm her down a little and also whispering multiple numbers of sorry into her ears.

and at that moment, an idea popped into his mind.

"i've got this feeling inside of me that i've never felt before. tell me, this the feeling of sympathy am i right? it cant be love."

➳ a/n
hope you enjoy! 💜
will update again real soon! 💓💕