❁eighteen❁

her eyes peeled open slowly, and she blinked a few more times before her eyes were fully opened. she propped herself upright slowly, as she adjusted the automatic bed, for her to lean her back on after. she took the time to study her surroundings, where she knew was the hospital.

there were five more bed nearby hers, where she observes that every patient on their beds were either unconscious or just fast asleep. she also spots a bouquet of sunflowers laying peacefully on the moveable table in front of her bed.

"oh, you are awake?" she hears this familiar voice that was getting louder every second. kim yugyeom.

"are you feeling alright?" he asked as he places some plastic bags filled with some snacks and food on the same table with her lovely bouquet of sunflowers, her favourites.

she only gave him a nod, since she didn't trust her voice yet, expecting it to break and sound funny once she starts to speak again after who knew how long she has been unconscious.

"come drink some soup jeon got you while its still hot." he says as he took out the cover, where it reveals the aromatic herbal soup and hands her a plastic spoon after.

"where's jungkook?" she asked before taking a spoonful of soup, which helped to cleanse her mouth.

"he's well, at...okay he told me not to tell you but he is literally right outside of this ward." yugyeom stumbled upon his words for a little, hesitant in telling her his friend's whereabouts.

"he is, i guess, still afraid to face you, for now. but i assure you that boy is coming in soon. maybe later." yugyeom assured the girl, whose face clearly showed her disappointment.

-

"thanks for taking care of her for awhile, gyeom." the boy thanked his friend who willingly helped to take care of the girl in place of him for a little while till the girl had fallen back asleep again.

"no problem bro. but you need to man up and face her, its gonna happen soon either ways, just get it done quick." he says to the concerned boy, who is looking at the girl laying on the hospital bed so calmly and peacefully asleep, with that pained expression, probably still guilty about his silly actions.

"yeah, i will try. thanks a lot," he thanked his friend, sincerely for once, with a quick fist bump and hug, feeling grateful for having a friend that was one of a kind, he would say.

yugyeom left the ward shortly after, where the boy continued to stay right beside yerim, accompanying her although she was asleep, probably unaware that he is right here.

he stared at her sleeping figure, suddenly all the horrible actions and things he had done to her came flashing into his mind one by one, causing him to feel absolutely guilty, wishing that he wasn't so foolish that he wouldn't have done all those things, but whatever has been done, and he knew that very well he had hurt her so many times.

back then, he was a broken young boy, one who is still so foolish and stubborn. he told her hurtful words, by telling her to leave, when he knew that he needed her to feel at much ease. he destroyed her hard work, not cherishing it even a little. he did everything he knew he shouldn't have. he would remember those times where he stared at his bank ceiling, regretting all his actions.

the foolish boy wouldn't have knew that things would worsen. he knew the reason upon her fainting, he knew that she was already traumatised by car crashes, for that her parents had lost their lives in one, and that one simple car crash had cost her to lose her only source of support back then. and that was when he finally could acknowledge that she cared about him so much, she didn't want to lose him on the same way like how she had lost her beloved parents.

he felt a wave of tears coming. he pause in an instant, and tries to blink back all those tears, but it seem to be a bad idea as it made them roll out his eyes instead. he continued to cry silently as he had each of his palms resting on each eye, hoping to make it less obvious of his action to his surroundings.

then, he felt a hand buried in his hair, stoking his hair gently, in a sign of comfort. he didn't need to take his palms off his eyes to know who it was, he knew it was her, and he doesn't know, but he guesses that she mustn't have been sleeping the whole time, she was probably aware of everything he was feeling.

he hears her motherly voice, soothing him with her kind words, making him realise that he didn't deserve her at all, he didn't deserve to have such a person like her in his life, as he would like to say that he is a horrible person that might stain every kind soul that come close him. he feels that he is a very bad person, someone everyone should be avoiding.

"don't feel guilty, i'm not blaming you at all. its not your fault at all."

she tries to tell him by her actions, she doesn't want him to feel guilty whenever he would look at her, that it would hurt him. she wants him to feel happiness whenever he sees her, and smile easily whenever he would be with her.

so this chap is kinda inspired by the drama "come and hug me." especially the last two paragraphs!! which i haven't watched it myself, but i kinda did, considering that i have spoilt myself with nearly all the scenes by watching  way too many short clips of each episode of the drama in youtube oh wells
\(-_-)/

hope you guys eNJOYYYY💗💗