❁sixteen❁

the girl's eyes shot opened and she saw nothing expect the colour black that surrounded her in every direction. she attempted to stand up, but she fell back onto the ground instantly. she tried again, but the same thing happened, it was as if she was paralyzed.

she pushed herself towards the front, with the help of her own hands, slowly pushing herself towards the front, hoping that she could get out this darkness, which she despised deeply, even if it meant that she had to struggle her way through.

then, she saw small bright dots floating around her, and all gathering in front of her, forming a shape of a figure that seemed so familiar to the girl.

when the lighted dots were connected together, it changed into an old lady, who had her hair tied into a bun, with a white ribbon tied around her hair, and wore a white dress which was long enough to cover till her barefoot.

"grandma..." her eyes got teary when the person she has been missing so much appeared in front of her, smiling at her ever so warmly.

"why can't I touch you?" she asked as tear droplets rolled down her eyes, when her hands would go through the lady whenever she tried to touch the lady.

"my little precious, of course you can't. I am a spirit now."

"now, precious, stop those tears from rolling down, alright? I hate seeing my precious crying, especially for me. I want you to be happy again, and smile like as before." she tried to wipe those tears falling from yerim's eyes, but her hand went through.

"ah, I forgot." she let out a dry chuckle, as she retrieved her hand back and continued, "now wipe those tears away for me, could you? please?" she pleaded and yerim wiped her tears with her sleeves, but her tears wouldn't stop forming again and yet again.

"precious, look. grandma don't want you to be miserable. I want you to be happy. your happiness is my everything, is what I ever want. now, my precious, I know you have been strong without me, so could I ask for a favour?"

"help jungkook, alright? help him acknowledge that there is more to life, there is still so much waiting for him. I know you can do this, you are the only one that can help him, I swear. so please, yerim. help him, alright? for me?" yerim could see tears forming on the elder's eyes, but the elder was holding them back, trying to portray herself to be stronger when she wasn't actually, she was probably heartbroken to know her grandson having such a different, yet such a negative attitude.

"wait, no! don't go!" yerim stuttered as she saw the elder's figure slowly fading away into little cranes that were disappearing one by one.

"remember yerim, help him-"

she jumped up from the sofa, with sweat all over her, as she panted so much. she rubbed her heart, trying to calm it, which was currently pounding so quickly yet loudly.

she recalled those words from her, who looked so desperate and sincere, genuinely pleading yerim to help. she knew she needed to do something for the better, to help him, to get his life back.

she knew she was definitely sick and tired of his attitude, but she was always so afraid that she might say or do something wrong that could possibly lead to something even worst. but after her dream, where she met his beloved grandmother, she had somehow gained some courage, to face him or any consequences.

she stood up from the sofa as she wobbled a little at first but soon gained her posture back as she quickly made her way towards that same room that she would always approach with a tray of food. she held onto the door knob, mentally preparing herself before twisting it.

"you got this, yerim."

the door opened, revealing the boy laying on his bed comfortably, with his back facing her. she scanned his figure from up to down, frowning at the fact that he looked so much slimmer and weaker than before.

she pulled his covers off his body, but the boy did not seem even a tiny bit affected by her actions. "get up, we need to talk." he ignored the girl entirely and took a hold of his covers and place it over him again.

she sighed in frustration, and pulled his covers off him again and shook his body numerous times o get him off his bed. "come on, jungkook, I need to talk to you."

he pushed the girl's hands off himself, where she fell back on the floor, and that hurt her gluteus badly. "what the heck do you want?" he bellowed at her.

she felt herself shiver a little due to his fierceness, but she knew that being scared means that she wouldn't be able to say whatever that she had promised and she would lose that tiny bit of possibility of changing him back, and getting back his positivity.

"jungkook, you can't continue on like this. you are killing yourself. you need to get out of your slumber now, and continue on with life. there is still so much more in life that is waiting for you. you can't just give up now." she explained, but nothing seem to gotten into the boy.

"you don't know anything, yerim. leave me alone, now." his tone was ever so cold, with no care, sincerity, emotions and it was just plain.

"no, listen to me, you need-"

"shut up already! didn't you understood me? just leave!" he raised his voice, and his eyes were as if reflecting large orange fire.

she became timid and afraid of the boy she loves in front of him. he is exactly the boy she has grown to fall in love with, but why does he seem so different, so cold, and so scary. but she was determined to change him back to the boy she has once known.

"no, I am not going anywhere until you listen to me."

"fine, if you are not going to leave, then I'll leave."

he grabbed on his jacket hung behind his door and left her in his room; feeling so hurt. but little did anyone knew, he was feeling the exact same.

hurt.

guys issa my last week of school tomorrow yAyyy, can't wait!! & i would be able to work on more books !!!💜💜