❁seventeen❁

she paused for awhile, and took the time to blink back her tears. she picked herself up, and ran after him.

she knew that she couldn't just hesitate anymore, she knew it was time, time for a change. he needs to move on, and its for his own good. she was sure that he would be able to find his source of happiness again, whereas he doesn't have to be afraid and hide from the world and wait till he loses his own life gradually.

it was time for him to wake up from his temporary slumber, and notice how the world could be as harsh as it is, with much sadness and demands, but there is also much beauty hidden within it. this is what's part of life, where it could never be perfect like how we want it to be, there would always be some imperfections here and there.

her feet took her to directions that her senses told her to follow, she kept running, hoping to find a figure of a boy, that look so weak and broken, in hopes that it would change for the better, where she would see his back again and it would be a look of strength and courage.

she ran, and ran, till she felt her legs getting weaker and sore, where her pace gotten much slower. but she doesn't give up, she continues to be persistent, even if it might be tough.

there, she finally spots a figure so familiar.

it is really him, she knows.

she took up her pace, using all the energy she had left to dash towards the boy whom walking pace was already too fast for herself to catch up.

"jungkook," she yells, but no responds were received from the boy, who continued to walk, without facing his back even for a short glance.

"jungkook," she yells again, raising her volume by a little, in hopes that the boy would give her some form of respond, but yet nothing came from the boy whom she wasn't sure whether or not he was oblivion of his surroundings or just ignoring her per usual.

before her eyes, she sees the boy crossing the road whereas the traffic light was still red in colour, and she tries her best to catch up with the boy; she was close, but still not close enough, maybe just a few more metres.

her sight averted from the boy towards the car that was dashing towards him, looking as if it had lost all its control and was trying hard to alert the boy with numerous times of honking, but the boy seem to be unbothered by his signals as if he couldn't hear them.

strange, the boy wasn't even wearing any sort of devices mear his ears that would cause him to be unable to hear his surroundings well. but there was already no time to wonder about that, all that matters was that the car was heading towards him and his life is already in much danger at that moment.

although being one of the top students in her class, her brain wasn't able to function well at that split second, where everything was happening way too fast for her, and she needed to make a decision quick.

there was only two options, either she doesn't do anything and wait to witness her nightmare come to life again, the second time where she might lose her loved ones in a car crash yet again, or else risking her own life for someone else's, not just someone else, someone so dear to her.

and she would much rather choose the second option, she didn't want to witness yet another tragedy of her loved one and even losing him in this car crash, possibly. she didn't want her trauma of car crashes to worsen, nor lose another loved one yet again.

no, no, no, this can't happen a second time, she thought, as she held back her tears that were coming again as she really dashes towards him, pulling him away with her as they hit the rough road surface that might have caused some minor injuries. at the same time, the car went past them two, hitting the lamp post nearby, but luckily without hurting any of the two.

jungkook groaned in pain as he slowly sat upright, feeling pain on minor scratches and injuries on different areas of his exposed skin. then, he diverts his attention to yerim who was struggling badly to sit upright, with only one hand to support her since the other was placed on the back of her head.

"ah..." she took off her hand that was resting on the back of her head, where he saw the terrifying yet thick liquid on her hand, dripping onto her ripped jeans that she was currently wearing.

"blood...blood." he strutted, his voice trembled at the sight of the liquid that continuously flowed out of the back of her head, soaking the fabric of her t-shirt, as it made its way down, soaking even larger areas.

then, yerim's vision slowly started to fade and she lost the balance of her own body as her body started to fall towards gravity and it hits on the ground.

before he could react properly, the girl had already fainted on the ground, with her eyes shut tight, blood surrounding her head, and her body not moving or responding to anything around her.

at that point, the girl's life was at much danger.

even if he wishes so bad that he had the ability to go back in time, where he could have zoomed out of his thoughts and focused more about his surroundings, nothing life-risking would have happened.

this wouldn't have happened.

but it was too late to regret anyways.

aHHHH it's been awhile since i updated this book; oh wells :●/

anyways, im actually trying to finish this book up before my school starts again; but got this feeling that it wouldn't happen :"

aHH i really need to stop being so lazy urgHHHHHH :((