❁eight❁

"give me a minute," he told her, then rushes inside his house, checking if everything was ready. 

after checking everything, he grabs two party hats, placing one on his head as he makes his way back outside to get her.

he gets out, puts the party hat on her head, which made her eyed him in confusion. but he says nothing and grabbed her hand, pulling her into his house. 

he leads her to his dining room, which was at the far end of his house. while they were walking towards their destination, she had split seconds to scan around each room. 

she gasped at how spacious each room was. she loved the style of his house, it was simple yet modern. overall, she could conclude that his house was huge, very huge. 

boom!

the sharp fireworks-like sound awoke her back from her train of thoughts to reality. it made her jump and gasp in surprise. she totally did not expect that. 

then, she heard him and another unfamiliar voice sings the birthday song. 

the whole event was too hard her to progress. she didn't even think he prepare this for her. honestly, she was deeply touched and extremely grateful. 

she finally looks around as she smiles at them singing the birthday song to her; him and his grandma she supposes. 

she looked around, she sees many cute decorations hang up on the wall and medium-sized strawberry cake in the middle of the table, with plates of delicious food around it. 

after they sang the birthday song, she walks forward to the table, with her hands clasped together and her eyes closed. she makes a wish. 

wishes that she would be able to celebrate her birthday every year. she misses the feeling of celebrating her own birthday and enjoys it very much. it was joy, she would say. it made her so happy. 

they sat down on the seats around the dining table as they started to eat the food she assumes was prepared by his grandmother. 

"thank you for the food. it's so delicious!" she exclaims once she takes a bite of the food. 

"eat more then. try this!" his grandmother said as she puts a piece of kimbap in her bowl. she takes a bite, which suddenly gave her flashbacks.

flashbacks when her mother would make kimbap for her every sundays as her afternoon snack. the kimbap his grandmother made tasted the exact same as her mother's that she missed dearly. 

she felt a tear roll down, she misses this so much. the food just reminds her of home, home that she could never have again. 

his grandmother and himself noticed the teardrop falling out of her eyes, which made the two of them worried. "oh, darling! why are you crying?"

she immediately wipes her tears away as she chuckles, "oh it's nothing! the food just reminds me so much of my mother's food! it's really delicious!" 

~~~

soon, they finished eating. it wasn't necessarily awkward at all, instead, they had a great time chatting. 

his grandmother was exposing whatever embarrassing things jungkook did when he was younger which made him constantly whine, telling his grandmother to stop mentioning those.

she revealed how he would always make a fuss when he doesn't get what he wants. he could roll around the floor as he whines and cried. she also exposed that he was a huge fan of the show winx club even though it was meant for girls. 

"you liked winx club?" yerim asked as she laughed horribly. she knew it was rude to laugh at him and she shouldn't be judging him but that was exactly what she was doing.

"stop laughing, will you?" he said, coldly yet sternly as he glared at his grandmother who avoided his glares and shrugged innocently, acting as if she did not just embarrass her own grandson intentionally.

"go wash the dishes, jungkook. i will be chatting with yerim in my room!" she orders him, who groaned in frustration as he pilled the plates, bringing them to the kitchen to get them washed. 

he surely hated washing dishes, but would still do it since his grandmother had already prepared the food.

~~~

"you know i was so happy to meet you. you are such a beautiful and nice girl. perfect for my jungkook. he must be lucky to have you! he is absolutely annoying sometimes but he is the best grandson i could ask for. he is nice, kind, handsome and helpful. i really hope you would last long with him." his grandmother said while she held both of yerim's hands in her own's. 

"no, i think it's the other way round. i'm lucky to have him instead. he comforted me instead of leaving me when he knew how i didn't have parents. he even prepared this event for me since i told him i didn't celebrate my birthday for a long time. i'm thankful, really." 

"it must be tough for you, right darling?" his grandmother exclaims, hugging her while she pats her back gently. "especially when people bullied you instead afterward. they really deserved to be punched in the face by me."

yerim nods as she cried in her embrace. his grandmother's embrace reminds her so much of her mother's. she felt safe, she felt like she could spill her emotions and be comforted by the warmth provided. 

"darling, don't cry, alright. a pretty girl shouldn't cry." she continued to pat her back. even the words she says to comfort her was exactly the same. it really makes her feel like her mother was here, right by her side. 

jungkook peeked through the little opening of the door. the sight made him smile. the whole event was certainly a good idea. he totally did not regret it at all. 

"i think i'm losing in this bet. i can feel actual feelings developing for you. but if i want to win, i need to stop that. stop that feeling immediately."

➳a/n
merry christmas! 💖
and yes, he finally admits that his developing feelings, bUTTT?? could he stop it?? 😏😏