❁twelve❁

"surprise!" the two of them exclaimed in sync when jungkook releases his hands from his grandmother's eyes to reveal to her the surprise picnic the the two had prepared for her.

"this is absolutely lovely!" his grandmother said, with her two hands over her mouth to cover her enlarged ones.

in her sight, she saw a beautiful grid pattern picnic blanket laying on the luscious bright green grass. on top of it, there were many varieties of food options, perfect for any type of eater.

there was a plate of salad, with fresh vegetables from the usual, lettuces, to her favouties, cherry tomatoes. not only was there a vegetable salad, there was a fruit salad, which was perfect as a healthier choice of dessert after eating all the other food. of course, inclusive of the food they had prepared earlier.

"grandma! come sit with us!" jungkook's voice breaks her train of thoughts, as she was engrossed with all the food prepared by her two precious.

she looked up to see jungkook and yerim already sitting on the pinic blanket, patting the empty spot between them, motioning her to sit there. she gladly sat between them and the picnic officially starts.

they ate with much chatting of random topics, from telling her two precious stories of her younger self to them laughing at their math teacher's new bald cut.

"ah, grandma!" yerim said, as she places a spoonful of food right in front of her mouth, where she gladly opened her mouth for the food, "delicious!"

"what about me?" jungkook asked, opening his mouth to indicate his desire of getting fed by her.

thats when she rolled her eyes, before scouping another spoonful of food, and giving it to him. but, just when the spoonful of food was about to hit into his mouth, she retrieves the spoon back, and places the spoonful of food into her own mouth instead.

"hey! how dare you!" he pouts, and furrowing his eyebrows playfully at her while she giggled and her facial expression screams her inner devil.

she stood up, and ran a few miles before turning back again, shooting him a look with her tongue sticking out. "gosh, this girl." he muttered under his breath, as he chuckled, then running toward her.

while grandma, she looked at her two precious, with eyes of happiness and joy, as a weak smile crept onto her lips. "how adorable." she said out loud when she caught sight of them. jungkook had yerim stuck in between his arms tightly, as the girl struggled to get off of his grip.

then, she feels aching at her chest area, and she was unable to breath properly at that moment. she reaches out for her handbag, pulling all the things out of it, rushing in search of a particular container. once she found that clear red container, she shook out a few peach coloured pills onto her palm, and immediately throwing them into her mouth, swallowing them instantly.

she felt her heart beat slow down, feeling at ease again as she soothes her chest slowly with her hand.

"let's go cycle, shall we?" jungkook said when he got back from their game of chasing, with yerim still in his arms, pouting angrily. "let me go first!"

ignorant to her words, he dragged yerim with him, not getting disturbed by the girl's ramblings.

there, they ranted two bicycles, one for jungkook and his grandma and the other for yerim. "ay, junglebook, you can go first, i'll catch up soon." yerim said, and went ahead to visit the restroom first.

with that, along with his grandmother sitting behind him, he cycled along the park pathway, especially made for cyclists.

first, the ride was silent as the two enjoyed the cooling breeze of the wind hitting against them, and the beautiful greenery that surrounds them.

"jungkook," his grandmother calls out, and he hummed in respond as she continued, "i am proud of you."

he raised an eyebrow, bewildered by the comment made by his grandmother. "what's the matter, why are you talking about this?"

"nothing much, i just wanted to tell you how proud i am of you. and one more thing, don't break our little yerim, she is a once in a lifetime opportunity, just like a complete package, you get it? trust me, you would regret letting her go if that would ever cross your mind, just because you need her, and she needs you."

"i understand." he said before he felt his grandma patting his back gently, "good boy, my good grandson."

then, everything fell into silence, which jungkook did not mind it since he assumed that his grandmother would like it to be silent, and that she might have fallen asleep for that he felt her grip around his waist loosen and her head comfortably resting on his back.

"junglebook!" he heard yerim's clear voice from afar, where he turned around and shot her an expression along with his pointer in front of his lips, indicating her to quiet down.

soon, she was right beside him, mouthing words instead, even though she does not believe that she was asleep, because something in her is telling her that she wasn't just sleeping. "are you sure she is sleeping?" she mouths.

he shrugged his shoulders, "probably?" he mouths back. "let's bring her back home instead, then she gets to sleep more comfortably." she whispered instead, afraid that he could nor hear her.

"i guess." he agreed, while nodding slowly. once they reached back at the renting shop, yerim tapped on grandmother softly and gently, as she called her up in a gentle voice, "wake up, grandma. we can go home and sleep instead, it would be much more comfortable."

yerim continued to shake her a few more times, but got no reactions nor respond from her. "grandma! grandma!" she shouted, shaking her grandma slightly more aggressively, getting more and more worried as time passes.

jungkook got off of the bicycle, and that was when his grandmother fell off of the bicycle. but fortunately, yerim caught her before she had completely hit the ground surface.

the two panicked, and for a spot second, they could not think of what to do next.

"jungkook, call the ambulance now!"

➳ a/n
well unexpected hmmm (?)
omg im so sorry for not updating for probably a month or more. schoolwork has even stressful and i literally just wanna throw if all into the dustbin omg. TT