❁fourteen❁

"I am so sorry for your lost."

that sentence was repeated numerous times whenever someone approached him, but he showed no emotions and spoke nothing in return.

as people came one by one, sending his late grandmother their prayers, he stood at the side, with a expressionless face, as he stared at the ground, occasionally taking short glances to the portrait of his grandmother smiling, ever so happily.

while yerim was outside, greeting the guests, trying her hardest to give the best smiles she could. but it was so difficult, she just wishes to break down and cry, but she knew that she had to stay strong for jungkook who was suffering over this even more than herself.

"hey." a voice interrupted her thoughts. she looked up, to only see yugyeom standing in front of her. "yes? do you need something?"

"well, nothing much, but you know that jungkook is suffering a lot, I just hope that you could be right by him during this hard time of his life, because you are the next person that is this important to him, I swear. be there for him, please."

"you are a really good friend, yugyeom, and yes, I will be by his side no matter what, I promise."

once everyone had left, yerim walked into the hall quietly, as she approaches jungkook, who sat at the corner, holding onto a picture flame of his grandmother and himself, hugging each other with wide smiles on their faces.

she knee down beside him, pulling his head onto the crook of her shoulders, as she said, with her voice cracking slightly. "cry."

he doesn't respond or move, but she hits his chest as she repeats her words, "cry, just cry."

it didn't take long until she heard sounds of sniffing. he sobbed, and she could feel his warm tears against her skin. and soon, she realised that tears had rolled out of her own eyes and how her heart hurt so bad just at that moment.

she places her hand on his back as she slowly yet gently stroked his back, as an attempt of comfort.

~~~

she walked behind him, as she stared at his back figure. she was reminded of how upright and straight it would usually look, which showed how he was confident and brave. but that day, it was different. it looked especially dull, not because it was the night time. he looked so timid, scared and just generally small.

"this is not the jungkook I know." she thought as she continued to stare at him opening the door of his house. they walked into the house, and before they walked into his bedroom, they had passed by his grandmother's room, where they had both glanced at for a short minute.

when she saw him getting settled into bed, she was prepared to leave when jungkook grabbed onto her wrist, pulling her closer towards the bed, as he whispered so softly, where it was near inaudible, "stay."

she hesitated, but once her eyes met his, she knew she had to stay no matter what. those eyes that once looked sparkling and bright had lost its light and seemed so dull and just hopeless.

she got into the bed, and pulled the blanket over both of them. she could feel him pulling her figure towards him, where her face rests on his chest and his lips on her forehead, as he gave her kisses on her forehead.

"please don't leave me." he said, and his voice sounded so scared and so desperate as he embraced her tightly in between himself, as if she would disappear in any moment.

that was probably the same moment when she realises how important she was to him now. how much he needs her and how she was the only one he had now, since he lost his closest and most precious person in his life.

and she made a promise to always be by his side no matter what, be that person he could trust and rely on anytime and give him love and care to make him feel important.

"I will never, I will always be with you no matter what."

➳ a/n
and if y'all watched the drama; hi school love on, y'all may be able to recognise some parts of the book bc it's total inspo from that drama. its literally my favourite drama. 👍😭💯💯