Chapter 2: New Arrivals

Hedvig immediately headed to the harbor, as soon as she arrived back to Kattegat. Still carrying the herbs she collected in a basket, she get to the pier. The ship was just putting into port and it's leader jumped to the land. He was wearing a red tunic and his hair looked the most majestic in all Norway.

The stranger slowly looked around himself and spotted Hedvig, who was still standing next to the dock, watching the new arrivals with curiosity in her eyes, and he made his way to her with a smirk spreading across his face.

"Girl, where is the great hall?" he get to Hedvig and looked her up and down with lust. She just turned her attention to the newcomer then, already filled with rage, but tried to soothe herself. How could this man claim her as just a girl? She was a well trained shieldmaiden! What is he thinking?

"Who must be you to address me just as a child? A stranger of this land and still acting without respect towards a shieldmaiden." Hedvig lifted her head up proudly. The confused look on the man's face brought a slight smile to her face.

"Please forgive me, I would never dishonour a lady, but in excuse of myself your appearance could be mistaken" he started to apologize and he was right. Hedvig looked like a simple farmer, her cloth covered in dust after wandering in the forest all day. "But allow me to introduce myself, King Harald Finehair." After his title, it was her time to look confused, but she quickly shrugged it off.

"Forgive me, King Harald, I will show you to the great hall." taking a turn on her heels, she started to head to the great hall, never looking back if he is following. Harald was impressed by her, so it wasn't a question to follow her or not.