Chapter 10: Arriving

Harald was the first to wake up the next morning, as he looked around the ship he could see only one boat remained with them after the storm. His gaze turned back to his own ship, looking for any damage that needed repairment. His jaw almost dropped when he saw Hedvig all cuddled up to his brother, both of them still sound sleeping. Envy rose up in him, he found this woman to himself, not for his brother. Harald quickly gathered himself and thought that it must be nothing and he shouldn't be afraid, he will get this fierce woman. With that last thought he turned back his attention to the ship and the much needed rapairments.

***

When Hedvig woke up, she found herself still snuggled up to Halfdan. As soon as her mind processed what she was doing, she quickly pulled away, waking Halfdan with the movement. He couldn't help, but chuckle when he saw what caused the nervousness to her.

"Don't worry Hedvig, we both know you enjoyed it." He winked at her as he stood up and headed to the back of the ship to find his brother.

Hedvig's face turned red, because of the wink he send in her direction, but she didn't wanted to admit that he liked it even to herself. She slowly collected herself and pushed every thought about Halfdan to the back of her mind, then she stood up and looked around. Her gaze only met with the wide open sea, the ships were missing except one. Fear rose up in her, how will they find Paris without the others? As Hedvig observed the others traveling with her, she could only see calm faces, nobody was concerned about the missing ships.

Harald must seen her worry written all over her face, because he approached her.

"Do not worry Hedvig. We will find our way, if the gods want it, we always do." He said with a jovial expression, trying to reassure the anxious woman. He could see he remained without success, so he tried am other way to distract her. "Come, Hedvig. Help with the ship we must repair the traces of the storm."

***

The plan was successful, the work eased her mind and she didn't have to think about any of her problems.

Not long after they finished the repairing, land came into their view. As they got closer they could see it was a delta of a river and their eyes caught a glimpse of one of their missing ships, not just any, but Ragnar's.

The gods truely favoured them to lead them to their planned destination.

***
a.n.: I am crying for like a week now, but I collected myself to write a chapter, not my best, sorry for the bad quality...