32

I woke up with a stiff back realising I was on Dan and Phil's sofa where I had fallen asleep probably only hours ago.

The flat smelled of coffee and sunlight peeped through the curtains letting me know it was morning here, almost like any other if it weren't for...

I looked down at my finger to see I had forgotten to take off the ring last night. What was the point in taking it off now? It would probably only get lost in my pocket and fall out or something.

I headed to the kitchen expecting Phil to be in there making everyone's morning coffee but instead Dan was having a cup and leaning against the counter eating cereal looking exhausted in a pair of pyjama pants and a white t-shirt.

"Where's Phil?" I spoke the first word between us.

"I don't know, he's not here though. How convenient for him to leave us here alone the morning after a fight though." He said and took a drink of coffee.

I saw a cup sitting on the counter and I pointed at it. It sat in the very same spot Phil had always left my coffee in every morning when I stayed over.

"Did Phil... before he left?"

"I did, it's the way you like it." He replied.

"Thank you." I said and I picked it up and took a drink, it tasted the same as if Phil made it. I looked to Dan to say it tasted good but I caught him looking at the ring on my finger. I thought he'd say something about it, but he didn't.

"Dan, I think we should talk about all this again." I said.

"Friends give friends rings right?" He said rather sadly and tried to laugh about it but it just fell flat.

"No Dan, they don't. I thought a lot about it last night." I told him.

"So did I." He said quietly. Now I was suddenly more curious as to what he thought now that he's had time.

"What did you think?" I asked him.

"I think it doesn't matter. I just want to be happy and with you and I want to to be happy most importantly. Those things, if you even decided you want them with me, are so far away and right now all I want is you. I'm sure later down the line we'll work it out but right now it's just stupid." He said. "What did you think about all this?"

"I want you now, and I know I'll want you in the future but I'm not sure if you'll have me later if I decided against those things. I just don't want to crush your goals or dreams later in life after you've wasted so much time with me."

"My goals and dreams can change and so can yours, you never know what you're going to think tears down the road. I promise to never pester you about it and always respect your decisions. The way I see it is my juice doesn't expire and you're younger than me do we have quite some time to figure it all out, hell when im thirty three you'll be the age I am now. Wasted isn't really a word I'd use to describe my time with you anyway, so don't you ever worry about me feeling that way." He then put his coffee and his empty bowl on the counter and gave me a smile.

"You know I never stopped loving you, right?" I asked him making his smile grow.

"Of course, you know I never stopped loving you too, right?" He asked back.

"I never doubted it, not even when you said you never did."

"Why?" He asked curiously.

"Because real friends don't stop loving friends." I said "especially if it's a case like our friendship." He let out a laugh.

"It's pretty special isn't it?" He asked.

"It is." I agreed. He looked directly into my eyes reminding me of the gaze he had into them the day he told me I was so beautiful that sometimes he couldn't look away, maybe that's why he wasn't looking away right now, maybe he felt that way at this very moment.

"I love you." He said quietly but in a way that I knew he meant it.
I looked into his pretty brown eyes, over his slightly freckled face, his messy morning hair before coming right back to his eyes. I don't think I could ever see myself loving someone's features on the inside and out so much.

"I love you too." Just saying it to him while looking at him like I was just made me weak, it made my stomach erupt in butterflies. "And I want to be with you, that's all I've ever wanted ever since you came and sat down next to me when I was all alone at that table."

I felt a force as I continued to look in his eyes, it was like two magnets being pulled together but all I wanted right now was to look at how beautiful he was.
Our bodies snapped like a rubber band under pressure at the same time, like a triggers of two guns pointing at each other going off at the same time.
His hands were on my back holding me close, my hands were on his face and our mouths were being pushed together by what seemed like an invisible force.

"I only want you." He said out of breath and against my mouth as if it all his air had just been pushed out of him. I understood because this I felt dizzy and lightheaded just from the kiss. "Forever." He added.

"I only want you forever." I now said quickly against his lips just wanting to kiss him more.

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso and we continued to kiss. He broke off the kiss and just held onto me tightly with his face buried in my hair and with my face in the crook of his neck breathing in the natural scent of his skin.
I closed my eyes,
He was what I wanted, downfalls and all.

There was slow clapping causing Dan to accidentally drop me and for us both to squeal in surprise.

"What the hell Phil?!" Dan shouted at him.

"That was the loveliest thing I think I've ever seen." He grinned from ear to ear.

"How long were you watching us?!" Dan asked completely embarrassed in a high pitched voice.

"When did you even get back?" I asked.

"I've been here all morning, I just came out of the bathroom and caught you both at I want to be with you forever." He shrugged.

"Oh." I said.

"You two should put that in a romance movie or something. I feel like that would make a really great book. Or you know what? A fanfic, I'm pretty sure there's a fan fic of you both out by now, especially since the photo of you guys making out in a restaurant in front of Dan's parents is everywhere now."

"What." I said feeling my stomach drop.

"Oh shit. I've got done explaining to do. I guess it was bound to happen though." Dan said.

"Especially when you make out in public." Phil added. "Anyway, carry on. Just don't have sex in the kitchen where I make my cereal."

Over the next week I think explaining things to viewers went all right, I still didn't do a face reveal and Dan told his viewers to respect me enough to not take photos in public which probably wasn't going to happen, but I felt comfortable with it all. And if my face on the internet was what I had to sacrifice to be with him then so be it,
life's about taking baby steps to get to where you want to be, it's about taking chances even if it breaks your heart, its about making out in public and not caring what anyone thinks of it, it's about giving your friend flowers to tell them what they really mean to you. Don't ever be too scared to tell someone what they really mean to you.

Do you want to see the future? How far into the future do you want to go?