Holiday Shopping

***I just wanted to say thank you for over 200 views! I feel really grateful for having you guys read my story! So thank you!! :) 

"Hi, Gladion!!!"

Bursting into the front door, Hau excitedly yelled out Gladion's name. When Gladion rose from his bed, not ready at all, he woke up to Hau's festive attire-a maroon sweater, a nice yellow shirt and a pair of loose olive jeans. When Hau noticed that Gladion was not ready, he got slightly annoyed.

"Gladi!! You promised me you would hang out with me today!"

"What? No, I thought it was tomor-"

"I don't care! Go into the bathroom now, and change into your clothes! Now!"

Shoved by Hau, Gladion went into the bathroom in a confused state. When he looked into the mirror, he saw himself as poorly dressed and untrimmed, and he felt ashamed to have been seen in that way to his dear lover.

"Hah. Stupid me..."

Brushing off his hair without care, he organized his face and put on his usual clothes from the shelves. Although Alola was warm all year around, this time of the year it got a little colder. Feeling the difference in morning air, Gladion decided to put on a black sweater that matched Hau's, and he headed out.

"Wow, Gladi! You look awesome!"

"You don't need to flatter me."

"Ah! I was just trying to compliment you! You don't like compliments?"

'Hau's really excited today,' he thought without saying out loud, but he liked it. Hau also blushed up a bit in seeing Gladion in such a sleepy, cozy state-he just loved seeing Gladion relax. Today was the day Hau decided they should go for a holiday shopping, since the days right before the holiday would be too crowded and noisy to actually enjoy it.

"We'll go to the sales market, where they'll sell so many festival goods! I'm so excited!"

"Yeah, me too."

Gladion smiled as if he could not help Hau's strong spirit, and they headed out the door.

"We're here!"

Hau proudly announced, and he accosted the door fiercely-he tried to-but got caught by Gladion.

"Hey, slow down. What do you wanna buy anyway?" He asked.

"I wanna buy...well, you'll see!"

Breaking free from Gladion's grasp, Hau charged into the store.

"W, wait!"

When Gladion followed Hau into the store, he had already lost even a trace of his shadow. Inside the store was already pretty crowded with people, and he got pushed around while trying to tiptoe and search for Hau's appearance. He could not scream, either, because the store had on a holiday music out loud.

"Hmm...I'll just have to shop myself."

Murmuring, he started looking around the store with a red cart in his hand. The interior was adorned marvelously-an array of red and green ornaments lined the golden sparkled walls, and glittering little bells were attached to each corner of the room. In addition, a whitely painted Christmas tree stood tall right in the middle of the store, and on the opposite wall hanged a mistletoe, which was tied together with a red silk ribbon.

"Wow..."

He picked up the different wooden and plush dolls that lined up the shelves, all decorated carefully and knitted with holiday love. The warm lighting also underscored the wooden figures that shined brightly in orange, elevating the holiday mood further.

"I wish I could make something like this."

When he was mesmerized by the different variety of festive goods, he felt a hand from behind the back.

"Wah!"

"Aaaah!! You surprised me!"

"Hehe~"

Laughing at his fun reaction, Hau softly placed his hand in Gladion's blonde hair, feeling its smoothness.

"Gladi, guess what I found today."

"What?"

"A cookie-batter candle!"

"?!"

Holding out a prettily packaged white candle, Hau grinned. He neared the edge of the candle to Gladion's face, and he involuntarily smiled at such a pleasant aroma-it smelled just like warm chocolate chip cookies. When Gladion smiled in delight, Hau's heart started beating a little faster than usual-especially because he did not get to see that sight often. Seeing him smile brightened Hau's day just like how the sun easily illuminates the whole of Alola.

"It smells just like cookies!"

"Oh, oh? Yeah..."

Blushing, Hau turned away from him, since he felt his face burning red like a tomato. Everything about Gladion excited and shook him inside: his shining gold hair, his sharp, piercing emerald eyes that gently look upon you, his rigid but cute gestures, and his deep voice. Ah, his voice.

"Let's shop some more for the holiday party!"

So, they hanged around the store for some more time looking at different goods, and they came back to Gladion's motel with full hands and heavy bags. Cookie cutter, baking powder, plush dolls, a mistletoe, red ribbons, cards, and a lot of food ingredients-everything for a huge holiday party was now assembled. They both looked down at their shopped materials with pride.

"This would be sufficient! Don't you think, Gladi?"

"Yeah, this'll do."

"Nice job!"

High-fiving each other, they felt the fatigue from all that shopping overpowering their bodies.

"Haaah...I'm sleepy, Gladi...can I borrow your pajamas?"

"Oh, sure. In fact, I'm pretty tired, too. Wanna go to sleep together?"

"Yes..."

Cuddling each other warmly in a soft blanket, they departed to a world of dreams together.