Chapter 13

I didn't see Michael on Sunday but he did drive me home after the party on Saturday. We kissed goodbye and I hadn't seen him since then, he didn't even text me. I wasn't one of the girls to freak out if a guy was gone for a day, but somehow this felt different. I had told Michael exactly how I feel, we made out, and he told me that he liked me too. I expected some sort of response the next day. On Saturday night Michael and I had failed to talk about if we were boyfriend/girlfriend. For now all we knew was that we liked each other.

But now it was Monday and I was sitting in History, next to Luke, waiting for Michael to come in. Even though Luke and Michael lived together they never came to school together. Especially now that Luke had gotten deeper into the Sasha fiasco, he usually got a ride with her. Right before the final bell rang was when Michael walked into class. He didn't take his normal spot next to me, instead he stopped at the seat in front of me.

"What's up, Gabriella?" Michael smirked.

"Did something happen between you two?" Luke butted in. Michael and I exchanged a look.

"You didn't tell him?" I questioned Michael.

"Sorry Princess. I've been busy." He didn't say it in a rude or jerk-like tone. It sounded like he was genuinely sorry. Luke interrupted us by tapping his pencil loudly on his desk. "Lucas!" Michael snapped, finding the tapping extremely irritating. "Yes something happened. If you must know when, where, why then I'll tell you. Saturday, the bathroom, because we were tired of this back and forth."

"So you're saying that you told each other that you liked each other?" Luke pointed at me then at Michael with his pencil. "We didn't do a lot of talking but yea, you could say that." Michael shot me a quick wink. I blushed and looked down at the writings on the desk. Several 'I hate history', a couple 'suck my dick', and one with the initials S F and M C in a heart and carved in the top. "Well it's about time you two did something. I was getting tired of watching you two be weird. It was like watching tennis except that it was my life."

"Luke the bottom line here is that I like Michael and Michael likes me. End of story." I said and folded my arms across my chest, sitting back in my chair. Michael smiled when he looked at me and took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. The bell finally rang, signaling class to start. When the teacher came in the first thing he said was, "Michael and Gabriella I would wish that you two would unhook from each other, and Michael turn around in your seat." I heard a chuckle come from Luke as I let go of Michael's hand.

Halfway through history I felt something on my leg. I looked down and Michael's left hand was resting on the calf. I looked up again and saw Michael scribbling notes down with his right hand. Not knowing what else to do I took his hand in mine. His hands were warm and soft. I smiled and returned to taking notes of my own.

At lunch I sat with Michael, Luke, Ashton, and Calum. I sat in between Michael and Ashton while Luke and Calum sat across from us. "I heard from a certain little bird that you two made out in the bathroom at Kylie's party." Calum said to Michael and I. I felt Michael's hand rest on my thigh, drawing little circles with his index finger. "So are you two dating now?" Calum wondered. We hadn't talked at all about dating or anything. For right now we were just Gabriella and Michael.

"Um," I stuttered and look at Michael, "I guess we're still just friends." He nodded his head slightly. I could tell from the look he gave me that he didn't want to be just friends.

It was a weird and confusing day. Saturday we confessed our feelings and made out a little. Today we held hands a lot and were super flirty around each other. We weren't really sure on what to do next.

**

After school Michael drove me to his house. When we got there it was empty. "Luke's with Sasha." He rolled his eyes. "As for Liz I believe she's still at work." As much time I had spent over at Michael and Luke's house, I had never met this 'Liz'. "Would you like something to eat?" Michael called from the kitchen. He was staring intently into the fridge, trying to decide what to eat.