Chapter 27

I woke up the next morning to find out that Michael wasn't next to me. I gripped the blanket close to my chest as I sat up and looked around the room. His clothes that were thrown on the floor were gone now. His side of my bed was made while mine looked used. Why the hell would he leave without waking me up? I got out of bed, with the blanket still wrapped around me, I gathered up my clothes and exchanged them for a new outfit. On my way to the bathroom I found a letter sitting on my desk. It was from Michael.

Hi Princess,

I woke up before you, obviously, and I really needed to go home before your parents came in, if they were going to. I didn't want to wake you because you needed sleep more than I did and you looked so cute oh my god. Once you get done making yourself even more beautiful you should come by. We're going to see Joey at 3. Maybe we can continue what we did last night (I'm being very suggestive here) Luke and Liz are going to the store or something and won't come back until 12. I would love to see you again before we leave.

From your dude Michael (I didn't put love because that felt weird I don't know don't hate me I think you're cute)

I smiled at the letter and set it back down on my desk. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and checked the time. It was almost 10.

Last night was one of the best times I had ever shared with Michael. We didn't even worry about meeting Joey, it was almost like a break from our problems.

After I got dressed and ready my mom called me downstairs for breakfast. Jason was sitting at the table, flipping through a comic book. I took an apple from the kitchen island. "Gabriella, when you see Michael next can you ask him for my third Spiderman back. He's had it for a week and I finished mine." He shook his head disappointingly. I told him I would and grabbed my keys from the key ring. "Oh and I want my Fifa back too!" Was the last thing I heard my brother yell before I left.

**

I got to Michael's house and the front door was unlocked so I took it upon myself to walk in. He was sitting on the couch, hunched forward, focusing on playing none other than my brother's Fifa game. "I hope you know Jason wants that back." Michael turned to look at me, a smile appearing on his face. I walked over and sat down on the couch next to him, resting my head on his shoulder. He smelled like he did all of the time, like shampoo and candy.

"I'll give it back right after he gives me back my box of condoms." He laughed.

"Michael!" I shot up. "He is twelve! Please tell me you didn't give him a box of condoms." I wasn't sure if he was serious. He was trying to hold back his laughter but with Michael you never knew.

"I'm serious. I'm going to need them if you keep wearing fucking tank tops." He clapped his hands together, intertwining his fingers together. He gave me the look that said he was dead serious.

"But you do have one now?" I moved the controller from his lap and set it on the coffee table. He nodded slowly, like he was confused that I wanted to do something with him. "I read your letter this morning." Scooting closer I could hear his heart beating faster.

"Really now?"

"Oh really. On my way over here I was thinking about how you do so much for me." His eyes grew wide at the thought of it. "Maybe it's my turn to do something for you."

"Gabriella I have this really bad pick up line right now." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me even closer. "I also apologize in advance for how stupid it's going to sound."

"Go ahead." Michael came closer and put his lips against my ear and whispered the worst pick up line I had ever heard. "Oh my god I can not believe you just said that to me." I laughed, covering my mouth because I couldn't handle how ridiculous it sounded.