30- Back To Normal

After Jesse finds out that I'm pregnant, things start getting weird.

For a while, we'd just stayed out of each other's way but now, he's trying to be helpful. He offers to buy groceries that I'd usually buy on my own and he's letting me watch TV in the living room even when his favorite shows are on. He asks me how I'm doing all of the time and he just seems to be really worried about my well being. I don't know if he feels guilty or not for the part that he played in making me lose my mind or if he's so concerned because I'm his sister. Either way, it's weird.

I know that it sounds terrible to say, but by the time that Friday rolls around and it's time to go to Portland, I'm kind of excited. Not necessarily to get the abortion but I'm just excited to get away from Jesse hovering over me for the past few days. The trip will probably be a bit awkward, considering Shaw insists that he go with me and we haven't really spoken that much lately.

We talk about the fetus and this trip to Portland but that's it. We used to have the best conversations with each other but when we got in that argument about what we're doing with our lives, things haven't really been comfortable. We're only talking now because of this fetus growing inside of me. I think that he's being really sweet about it though, offering to go with me for the procedure and making sure that I'm not going through this alone.

Granted, even without him, I wouldn't be going through it alone because Bella has been completely awesome and if I asked her to, she'd go to Portland with me too.

The plan is that we'll get to Portland tonight and then I have an appointment at the Planned Parenthood there tomorrow for the procedure. We will stay until Sunday and then we'll be back for my Monday classes.

Like nothing ever happened.

Shaw is meeting me in my apartment and then Jesse is going to drive us to the airport. I was going to ask Bella to do it but when Jesse heard that we needed a ride, he insisted that he drive us because he just absolutely has to feel helpful, I guess.

Even though we're not really together anymore, I still want to look presentable when I'm with Shaw so I check my outfit in the mirror of my room to make sure that I look alright. I'm just wearing jeans, comfy boots, and a long sleeve t-shirt with my hair down and straightened. I have an overnight bag that includes some clothes and my electronics.

I'm ready to go.

Brianna knows that we're coming but she doesn't know why. I just told her that I needed a weekend away from school and she was eager for me to visit. It'll be weird, having to introduce her to Shaw but I'm hoping that he'll be able to manage the situation. I know that he can be an asshole sometimes but I think that if he wants to, he has the capability of being a nice, decent person.

That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

"Are you ready to go, Wren?" Jesse asks me from the living room. "Shaw is here."

"Yeah, I'm coming," I grab my bag and open my bedroom door. Jesse and Shaw are standing near the front door. They still don't like each other and it shows in the tension on their faces. "Alright. Let's do this."

We all go down to the car and I sit in the backseat with Shaw. The plane tickets were kind of expensive but I was able to pay for them with my credit card since I can tell my parents that I was just going to visit Brianna. I'll have to explain to them why I'm hanging out with a boy with so many tattoos (they definitely wouldn't approve) but that's nothing compared to how uncomfortable it would be if I had to tell them that the boy with so many tattoos got me pregnant.

"Call me when it's done, so that I know that you're okay," Jesse says to me in the car, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had formed.

"Yeah, Jess. Sure."