Chapter 25: The Final Countdown

Europe - The Final Countdown (1986)

"Maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?"

Kat 8 pm

The little girl wouldn't let go of my hands. She was oddly strong and I couldn't pull away.

"What's wrong!?"

My anger had turned into worry. What had happened to this little girl? Where did she come from? Why did she have a tattoo? She stayed quiet but breathed heavily as she dug her nails into my skin. I screamed in pain.

"Ow! Hey let go!" I pleaded. Her eyes left mine and grew wide with fear as she looked behind me. I was scared to turn around and see some cop with a gun, or man from the hospital looking for this girl where she escaped. I sharply turned around to see something different. A sort of monster. I felt like I was dreaming. It wasn't real, it couldn't have been. It looked like some sort of alien, if aliens even existed. It was tall and pale. Slimy and wrinkly. It had no face, no eyes. Could it see me right now? I tried not to scream. "Run" the little girl finally spoke. "What!?" She let go of me but I refused to leave her by herself. "Go!" She screamed as she held up her hand and blood began oozing from her nose. I went to grab her hand, I was not going to leave her, but with a flick of her arm I was sent into the air and then into a tree. My head hit the trunk and tears swelled in my eyes from the pain. My eyes blurred and I began feeling light headed. My whole body felt numb, as if I had broke every bone in my body. I guided my shaky hand to feel the side of my head where liquid ran down my face. Sweat? When I removed my hand all I saw was blood. I  was in too much shock and almost forgot about what I just saw. The girl, and that thing. I tried to get up but I was too weak. The forest was becoming even more of a blur and I only heard a loud ringing in my ears. Every sense in my body had left me. I felt paralyzed. "Help!" I screamed even though I could not hear myself.

I snapped out of my daze when two arms shook my shoulders. Jonathan was in front of me with Barry behind him. They were both yelling things at me but I couldn't hear them. My eyes darted back between the two trying to make sense of this whole situation. Was I going crazy? Did all of that just actually happen? Jonathan grabbed my face and made me focus on him and only him. I looked at his mouth and read his lips. "You're going to be okay"

He grabbed one of my arms and put it around Barry's shoulder, Barry understood Jonathan's gesture and put his other arm around my legs and lifted me up. My head felt heavy as it hung off of Barry's arm and bounced with every step he took. My hearing turned into muffled speech and I could make out Jonathan and Barry arguing. Jonathan grabbed a baseball bat from his trunk and Barry put me in the passenger seat. Jonathan handed him his keys and walked over to me. I lazily rolled down the window with any strength I had. Barry was scrambling in the back of Jonathan's trunk for another weapon. "Barry's gonna get you out of here."

"Wait" I grabbed Jonathan's collar and pulled him in closer. Our foreheads touched and he lightly smiled. "Don't go". For some reason I felt safe with Jonathan. I was scared, and I wanted to be with him not Barry. Jonathan sighed and wiped away the tears left on my face.

"I did this for Will" he paused and furrowed his eyebrows. "And now I'm doing this for you".

-

Season two was so good I finished it in like two days. I'm so sick of everyone complaining about it! Everyone I know is like "it's so boring, it's not as good blah blah blah" and I want to slap them. I actually really like the new characters too.

And Steve omg what happened? He is not a jerk anymore just daddy.

Kinda disappointed with the whole Jonathan and Nancy situation. Don't get me wrong I wanted them to get together but I wanted it to be more romantic idk. Not like a spend the night together and hook up but that's just me lol.

Alright sorry for taking so long to update!