Chapter 5: Just Can't Get Enough

Depeche Mode - "Just Can't Get Enough" (1981)

"We slip and slide as we fall in love
And I just can't seem to get enough of"

Jonathan 6:30 pm

I pulled away from Nancy and introduced her to Kat. They said hi to each other and that was it. Nancy seemed distracted by Steve and Kat was watching people skate around while waving her body back and forth while every breathe you take by the police was playing.

"Should we?"

"Yes" Kat quickly responded

"see ya around!" I yelled to Nancy. She nodded and put a piece of hair behind her ear. Of course I wished things were different between us. Right as I was starting to feel real feelings for her our lives were put on hold. Everything was resolved and the world was right again. Of course Steve took every chance at this to get back with her. I tried not to have any regrets,  for what it was worth, maybe she didn't even like me back. But tonight I was with Kat, I needed to focus on her and it was hard not to. She looked amazing wearing tight leather leggings, a white tank top and a green bomber jacket. A hot pink headband matched her pink lipstick. We carefully waddled to the floor. Kat rapidly snatched her arm around mine and held on for dear life. Once she noticed I was chuckling she straightened up and pulled away.

"Sorry" she coughed trying to get her skates moving. I interlaced my sweaty palm with hers and made eye contact with her beautiful green eyes covered in matching eye shadow. I smiled, she smiled back. We started off slow but gained speed once we got more confident. I could feel my body heat rising and my heart rate. The room was uncomfortably sweaty and hot. "Living on a prayer" by Bon jovi blasted through the speakers and Kat scram all the words to me. While turning a sharp corner, our skates got too close and we happened to trip over each other. Our bodies collided with the floor, rolling a few times with eventually mine ending up on top. Kat was laughing, but I noticed her lip looked swollen and her nose started bleeding.

"Are you okay" I asked helping her get up to her feet. I'll admit, it was a bad hit and she definitely took the fall harder than I did.

"I'll be right back" she excused herself. She put the back of her hand up to her nose to momentarily pause the blood rush and glided  to the girls bathroom. I saw Nancy sitting at a table with Steve, Carol and Tommy. Nancy waved me over and I sat down as I waited for Kat to return.

"Pizza?" Nancy offered me a slice. I looked over to the bathroom and figured Kat would be a while.

"Sure" I accepted, taking the slice of pepperoni

-

Authors note.

Sorry this part kinda sucks and is super short, the next chapter will be better I promise. Something strange is gonna happen...ah...ah;)

It's late right now and college is so hard to keep up with. And also in two weeks I'm going to Disneyland so it might be a while for an update once I leave haha!

I'm rewatching Stranger Things for the third time. No regrets at all.

I can't believe I got to 100 reads. Ah! I love you guys as much as Jonathan loves his camera, and that's a lot.